Thread: Click-lowering a deck often changes the top card

Click-lowering a deck often changes the top card

I recently discovered the ability to lower a help deck of cards without letting go of it. Pick up a deck of cards with left-click-and-hold, then also hold down right-click. This lowers the deck to the playing surface, but keeps control of it so you can finely position it where you want it.

The problem is that when the deck hits the playing surface, the top card often changes! Is this a side effect of the "thin cards pass through stuff" bug in the engine? Is there any way for me to mass-change all my mods to have thicker cards so this doesn't happen? Some other work around?

This isn't actually a bug, but a feature. If you hold left click to pick up a deck, and then press right click, you'll not only drop the deck, but you'll shuffle it too. it's another way to shuffle the deck besides grabbing it and shaking the mouse. so be careful in doing that. If you want to finely place something, lower the lift height, and then watch it's shadow underneath it, and the shadow will usually indicate where it's to land. Then just let go of left click to drop it when the shadow is where you want them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven81 View Post
    This isn't actually a bug, but a feature. If you hold left click to pick up a deck, and then press right click, you'll not only drop the deck, but you'll shuffle it too. it's another way to shuffle the deck besides grabbing it and shaking the mouse. so be careful in doing that. If you want to finely place something, lower the lift height, and then watch it's shadow underneath it, and the shadow will usually indicate where it's to land. Then just let go of left click to drop it when the shadow is where you want them.
    Okay, that makes sense -- I hadn't seen it documented anywhere. If that's the case, is it possible to turn off the "shake to shuffle" feature and rely only on this? Sure would cut down on "oh crap, I shuffled that."

yah I hear you there, I have done that WAY too many times to count.

Yeah I actually prefer this shuffle method once I found it worked. It does not seem to really be documented anywhere. I found it on accident.