Thread: All BLACK cards depending on image size

Thumbs up All BLACK cards depending on image size

I added another deck of cards to one of my private workshops projects and no matter how I compress and choose color space (8, 16 bits - gray scale or RGB) if I make the deck image 4095*4090 (or resize to 4096x4096) the cards become all BLACK, back and front. As soon as I use the same image, but with a reduced size (3000x3004px) the cards are correctly rendered.

I already used deck images with success, even a 4000x2800px image for a square card deck that I use for the tiles of the game.

Should it be pixel perfect to 4096x4096?
    Should it be pixel perfect to 7x height and 10x width?
    Should it be less than 4096x4096?
    It's the total pixel count that matters or the max among width and height?

This is a cardinal aspect of a program like this, everything is trial and error about the size and the effects of size on the final deck rendering in game.

Please take care of it.

As a side note, I also used the java app shipped in the game directory, with no success. I don't use it because I prefer to work with Illustrator and Photoshop and then choosing JPG parameters for the final texture.

I can send to devs privately both the working and not working textures links.

Make sure the full size texture settings in your graphics option is checked. Let me know if that doesn't fix the problem.

Hi Knil, they are enabled.

These are my settings:

{
    "Presets": 6,
    "ResX": 1280,
    "ResY": 1024,
    "Fullscreen": true,
    "VSync": false,
    "FullTextures": true,
    "PostAA": true,
    "MSAA": 8,
    "Shadows": 5,