Tabletop Simulator Patch Notes
Update v3.7 (01/05/2015)
- New hand mode Flick has been added to the pointer selection menu on the left side of the screen.
- Flick can used to launch objects using a ‘pull back and release’ motion.
- Flick works on all selected objects or on an individual object that you click and drag on.
- Can use ‘CTRL + LMB’ to select multiple objects or in Hand mode use box selection then swap to Flick.
- Flick is great for pool, block stacking, and other games that require dexterity to play.
Card Hands Improvements:
- Cards will not begin to overlap until there are more than 5 cards in your hand.
- This will make it easier to read the text on card if you do not want to use ALT to zoom.
- Greatly optimized networking traffic when modifying/manipulating multiple objects.
- Custom objects use 30% less cpu resources (model, figurine, deck, and board).
- Lift height and rotation snap has been moved up next to the top bar to avoid clipping issues with lower resolutions.
- Box selection will no longer select objects that are hidden in fog of war.
- Recreated the hand icon for the hand mode selection menu.
- Fixed adding or removing a password from your game not updating for people joining through Steam friends.
- Fixed tables being able to be placed insides of bags by throwing it at the legs (lol).
- Fixed voice chat microphone icons not appearing for all players.
- Fixed the sharing violation error when overwriting certain saves (Hopefully).
- Fixed sharing is caring achievement not working retroactively (must be subscribed to your mod).
- Fixed default video quality settings back to medium.
- Fixed grab + lower while not in hand mode picking up objects.
- Fixed some line tool bugs when hovering over GUI elements while measuring.
Update v3.6 (12/18)
Pointer Pencil and Eraser:
- New pencil and eraser models when being in those pointer modes.
- Pencil model helps with drawing due to its static and accurate point.
- Helps to remind you that you aren’t in hand mode and cannot grab objects.
- Fixed some alignments/accuracy issues when drawing in the air not on the table.
Rewinding and Fast-forward Hotkeys:
- You can now rewind time by using ‘CTRL’ + ‘Z’.
- Fast-forward can be done by using ‘CTRL’ + ‘SHIFT’ + ‘Z’.
- As always you can still control this by using the arrows on the top right.
- Added a chat message to let you know when you are rewinding/fast-forwarding.
- Improved voice chat to reduce the annoying voice stuttering that occurred.
- Custom Model now supports multiple separate objects/meshes; you no longer must merge your meshes.
- Option to hide player pointers in the hidden areas has been added to the right click menu.
- Improved and fixed graphics quality settings to be more in line with their names.
- Steam Cloud now also syncs saved Chest objects.
- Other people’s pointers will no longer clip through your ALT zoom on cards.
- Load complete messages will only appear for custom content taking at least a half a second to load to avoid chat spam.
- Animated RPG figurines will now save what state they were in when saving and loading (dead or mode).
Custom Card Fixes:
- Fixed many issues with conflicting deck ids on merged decks loading from the chest.
- Fixed loading the same deck multiple times from the chest causing strange stuff to happen.
- Fixed some issues loading multiple old saves in row with custom cards.
- Fixed stack loading bug where the chips would end up being blocks instead of chips.
- Fixed some RPG figurine errors on affecting clients.
- Fixed some card bugs in the Cardbots decks.
- Fixed black go bowls giving white pieces.
- Fixed some settings not properly resetting on the settings menu.
- Fixed pointer bug where it would improperly display the player’s pointer as white when first spawned.
Update v3.5 (12/12)
Custom Stack Objects:
- Choosing type ‘Chip’ from the custom model importer will allow your custom objects to stack just like the poker chips do.
- Create your own stacking currency or something new altogether.
- Custom colliders will not work with the new stacking type.
- Checkers can now also be stacked to make your Kings even more noticeable.
- Improved the spawn position when removing an object from a stack.
Saved Object Improvements:
- Promoted players can now spawn objects from their saved chest.
- Anyone on a server can now save objects to their chest for future use.
NAT Punchthrough Improvements:
- NAT punchthrough is how the game establishes connection behind peoples’ routers without having to port forward.
- You can now toggle between automatic, enable, or disable NAT punchthrough when hosting a server.
- Most people should be fine with automatic, but if you are having trouble hosting try /testconnection in game, port forwarding 11155, and change NAT settings.
- Automatic works by checking and seeing if you have a public address, if you do not then NAT is enabled.
Block Players Improvements:
- Blocked players are now saved to the BlockList.json in ‘Documents/My Games/Tabletop Simulator’.
- Blocked players will no longer reset when you reset your settings.
- Human readable list thanks to the json format.
- You no longer must restart the game after subscribing to a mod on the Workshop, it will download while it’s running.
- Workshop Game list will automatically repopulate with new subscribed mods if open when subscribing.
- Added an Open Workshop button in the Workshop Game List that opens the Workshop in the overlay.
- Overall object physics improvements when adding and removing objects (stacks, bags, decks, etc).
- Grid snapping will work at low lift height, but not when lowering an object with ‘T’.
- Number key actions like rotate dice or RPG kit animations now work with the numpad as well as the normal number keys.
- Optimized bag saving to reduce autosave stutter with many bags.
- Boards from the chest can be drag and dropped spawning at that location like other objects.
- Added error check to custom model mesh generation.
- Slightly improved the stop card search animation.
- Fixed issue shaking an object would cause it to rotate incorrectly for clients.
- Fixed the achievement “Speed Machine”.
- Fixed gravity getting stuck on zero gravity.
- Fixed Steam Cloud to work with the new Json save format.
- Fixed the smooshed description field when right clicking on a deck.
- Fixed boards being spawned from the chest menu not showing up for other players.
- Fixed sideways property being lost when resetting a deck.
- Fixed search stack being visible on transparent tables.
- Fixed collision issues with camera.
- Fixed some stack objects properties that weren’t being transferred properly.
- Fixed mesh download bar cleanup.
- Fixed removing chips from a scaled stack causing it to fall over.
Update v3.4 (12/05)
- Steam achievements have been added to the game.
- You can check out the full list on Steam.
- Playtime achievements unfortunately do not retroactively work.
- Workshop upload achievement does retroactively work if you are subscribed to your own mods.
- You can now toggle between 15°, 30°, 45°, 60°, and 90°rotation snapping (default 15°).
- The UI button on the left side has an angle when pressed it will cycle through the degrees.
- Use 60° for your hex objects, 45° for cards, and 15° for very precise control, etc.
- This will help you more quickly orientate your objects for each system.
- You can now control the default holding height of your objects.
- The UI button on the left side has a man lifting a bar, click on that and move the slider.
- You can use this in combination with ‘R’ to lift objects very high.
- Searching a face up deck will return face up when searching is stopped.
- Searching no longer grabs any loose cards that are in the area of the search.
- Tooltips will no longer clip off the edge of the screen.
- Tooltips have been added to the UI elements on the left side of the screen.
- Tooltips will now resize to fit the content of whatever text is supplied.
- Can use BBcode in the object name to give the text some flair.
- Reduced the shininess of all cards, especially on the Field background.
- Bags in old saves will default to brown instead of grey/white.
- Updated some miscellaneous UI icons.
- Fixed dominoes not having sounds on the “cardboard” surface.
- Fixed the bugged out table issue, when the table cannot be reset after flipping (for real this time!).
- Fixed bug with normal textures not being imported correctly.
- Fixed bug with normal textures being accidently deleted when removing similar objects.
- Fixed being able to unsubscribe from a Workshop mod when deleting.
Update v3.3 (11/26)
Rehauled Save Format:
- New Json save format, a human readable format that will allow more control over objects.
- Optimized the save code to avoid any stutter when saving.
- Json is very expandable without having to worry about breaking old version save files.
- Old saves will still work just fine, all new saves will be Json.
- Json will allow modders to create save generators with external tools.
- Modify the scaling of an object in each axis independently in the save file.
Modify Objects Physics:
- Can now modify the physics properties of object by modifying the Json save files.
- There are two classes – the Rigidbody (mass, drag, etc) and physics material (friction, bounciness, etc).
- You can read up on how to modify these properties on our Wiki page.
Custom Card Improvements:
- Overall stability improvements for loading and saving custom decks.
- One broken download for cards will not mess up the rest of the cards downloaded.
- You can see the progress of custom cards because they will visually update during the download.
- Merged decks saved to the chest will now properly load.
- You can now load decks from a save file using the expand arrow (some older saves will not work).
- Custom Decks now cleanup on RAM much better when they are deleted individually.
- Color tinting bags is now working, this should help organize your saves.
- Improved the spawn position when pulling a card from a deck of cards.
- Grid settings now reset when the table resets.
- Better URL cleanup for custom content with automatic url whitespace trimming, might help with RAM usage in certain scenarios.
- Empty server names will now default to “?”.
- Improved object network syncing, when FPS is low and ping is high.
- Reduced other players pointer smoothing, so the positions are more accurate.
- Download status being wrong when loading directly from one save to another.
- Fixed flip table bug not allowing the table to respawn or load another game.
- Fixed floating deck bug when loading locked decks.
- Fixed notification arrow sound distance.
- Cards taken from a deck now inherit the deck’s grid setting.
Update v3.2 (11/07)
- Pixelated paint style drawing with real time network syncing has been added.
- ‘F2′ will change your pointer into paint mode where you can draw with ‘Left Click’.
- The color of your paint is the same as your hand.
- ‘F3′ will change your pointer into eraser mode which can be used to erase drawings.
- To draw a straight line hold alt then click, it will draw a line like connect the dots (also works with eraser).
- Can clear all drawings by selecting or hovering over the Eraser tool then clicking the trash can that appears.
- Drawings will be saved in your Mods/Saves.
- Drawing uses a pixel size of 0.5 units, so you can use the grid to assists with drawing.
- Painting can disabled for clients in the hosts options.
UI for easy swapping between pointer modes:
- New UI tool added on the left side of the screen where you can swap between Hand, Paint, Eraser, Hidden, and Line modes.
- The mode you are currently in will be highlighted and unavailable options will be greyed out.
- When mousing over one of the icons the hotkey will be displayed for that mode.
- ‘F1′ – ‘F5′ will swap between the different modes, but you can still use the old hold hotkey system.
Player Name Improvements:
- Increased name character limit from 12 to 32.
- Names on table now resize to fit the length of the player’s name.
- Fixed Green and Blue names being reversed on the Rectangle and Large Custom Table.
- Fixed name clipping on the octagon and hexagon table for tall character languages (Chinese, Japanese, etc.).
- Made it easier to add cards to a deck by raising the distance tolerance.
- Greatly reduced the physics insanity when combining cards together.
- When creating a deck the bottom card takes precedent and determines the deck properties, instead of averaging both cards.
- Clicking on the clock will pause or start whatever the clock was doing, and hold grab will move it around just like a stack.
- Added “ /testconnection ” chat command which will test your network for issues either hosted or connecting to servers.
- Automatically detects country when hosting a server (no longer manual and more accurate than region).
- Improved camera collision making it harder to clip your camera through the table.
- Notepad now uses the same font as the rest of the game instead of the handwritten font for easier readability.
- Highlighting is now case sensitive depending on the mode the pointer is currently (ex. Objects will no longer highlight when in Hidden Mode, bug hidden areas will).
- Raised default video quality settings for the game from “Very Low” to “Medium”.
- Better UI scaling at lower resolution (<800 horizontal resolution), so the UI isn't so large.
- Added the copy/paste sound to spawning from the chest.
- Host options are now synced properly with promoted players.
- When scrolling through chat it will no longer auto hide.
- Fixed bug with friends tab not showing games that friends were connected to but not hosting.
- Fixed black line artifacts on GUI elements, especially noticeable when playing on lower settings.
- Fixed scaling issues with poker chips (colliders wrong, spacing messed up, etc).
- Fixed highlighting issue with poker chips only highlighting one of the chips.
- Minor optimization for poker chip stacks.
Update v3.1 (10/31)
Digital Clock Added:
- Digital clock works as a regular clock telling time, a stopwatch, and a timer.
- The digital clock can be found in the ‘Chest’ menu under ‘Misc’.
- Right clicking on clock will bring up the option menu where you can swap between the 3 modes and enter the timer length.
- Stopwatch helps keep track of how much time has passed by counting up from zero.
- Timer can be used as a countdown for turns and when it reaches zero an alarm sound plays.
- Mousing over the clock will give you a tooltip of the current displayed info.
- Alt zoom doesn’t currently work on the clock but the tooltip will work until it’s functional.
Hidden Areas Improvements/Fixes:
- For hidden areas that hide objects from you, the transparency is lower making it harder to see through.
- Fixed bug causing objects to not be properly hidden when playing as the host and changing colors.
- Fixed alt zoom working on hidden objects.
- Fixed collision bug when making massive hidden areas.
- Can now delete Workshop Mods, Saves, and Saved Chest Objects from within the game by clicking the trash can icon next to the save.
- Confirmation window will popup to confirm your choice.
- When you delete a Workshop Mod it will unsubscribe you from it on Steam Workshop as well.
Workshop Usability Improvements:
- Removed the manual name field on Update Workshop Menu (now uses the name automatically from the Workshop).
- Added Workshop as a drop menu selection for hosts offering an alternative way to bring up the menu.
- If subscribed to zero mods on the Workshop a link to the Workshop page will automatically be opened with a message about restarting the game.
- Added error messages to the Workshop Uploader if improper information is supplied or empty.
- Player names on the UI are now ordered based on their position on the table which corresponds with turn order.
- Hide GUI keybind has been changed to ‘f11′ so it no longer conflicts with the steam screenshot hotkey ‘f12′.
- Improved the control scheme menu by adding Admin, Modifier, and Tips sections.
- BB code now works on the Server Browser for Server and Game names.
- General UI Header improvement with Font and Icons (Bold and all caps for header names).
- Increased sound max distance by 50% so you can hear sounds on the opposite side of the largest table.
- Fixed host options settings carrying over when joining another game.
- Fixed contextual menu bug when the name field grabbed the password breaking the menu.
- Fixed clicking through the color change gui for hidden objects while holding down ‘h’.
- Fixed the blank name bug for Workshop mods.
- Fixed issue with board textures.
- Fixed objects highlighting when hovering over them through the GUI
- Fixed disappearing pointer bug when host changes player’s color.
- Fixed drop down list getting stuck on screen when the player changes color.
Update v3.0 (10/24)
Hidden Area/Fog of War Added:
- Hidden areas serve the purpose of being able to hide any object from other players.
- Hold ‘H’ and ‘left click’ to drag out the box area with your mouse.
- The color of the fog corresponds to who can see inside the area.
- Right click on the fog to change its color, holding ‘H’ will make the fog be first choice.
- The grey color functions as a hidden area that no one can see inside.
- Board objects will not be hidden like other objects.
- Fog areas will be saved into the game’s state.
- Hold ‘H’ then ‘left click’ on the fog box to delete it.
- While holding ‘H’ a mini fog box will be at the end of your pointer let you know.
- Hosts can disable clients from being able to create or edit Hidden Areas in the host options.
- Robot pointer has been added for our Kickstarter pointer reward tier.
- Gold material has been added for our Gold Member reward tier (Chess, Dice, and Dominoes).
- Only the Host may change the material of an object to gold if they are Gold Member reward tier.
- Kickstarter credits list is now working for all of our backers inside the game.
Server Browser Overhaul:
- Server browser has been remade with the new UI system with many more features.
- Servers can now be sorted by clicking one of the column headers (server name, host, number players, etc).
- LAN tab has been added making it very easy to connect to servers on local network.
- Friends tab will show servers that your friends are hosting or connected to.
- Search now works on all server data (can search “1/2″ for players, “NA” for region, etc).
- Right click on a server to block/ban the host (This will stop their servers from showing up and joining your games).
Mod Loading Improvements:
- Fixed timeout issues with loading large mods querying the server too fast causing many errors.
- Loading multiples of the same object will incur no performance penalties due to duplicate assets.
- Improved load times when loading multiple of the same object (down to the same time as loading one unique object).
- When holding an object in a box area (hand or fog of war) it will highlight.
- Highlight colors now match the color you are playing as instead of default white and yellow.
- CTRL + Left Click selection/highlight now works on locked objects.
- Box selection is now much more accurate and more than half the object must be in the box to be selected.
- Cards now fly together forming the deck when stopping a search.
- Dice and coins will now only spin when dropped if moving with enough velocity.
- Tooltips now work on objects being held by other people.
- UI radio buttons now looks different than checkboxes.
- Opening up the social media links will now open them in your Steam overlay instead of browser.
- Clicking on the patch message on the bottom of the main menu will bring you to the latest patch notes.
- When overriding a save it will automatically fill in the previous name of the save.
- Sound has been added for copy pasting objects to notify other players, now that you can hide objects.
- Controller input is now default disabled due to some people having issues with spinning camera/pointers (can still be enabled in the settings).
- Reduced the sensitivity of Deck searching with a bigger deadzone where cards do not spin.
- You can now use the up and down arrows to cycle through previous chat messages you have sent.
- Custom dice automatically no longer have grid snapping enabled.
- Improved the Host Options menu password and game mode input boxes to be more clear.
- Toned down the lighting brightness of the Field background.
- Changed the number cards input in the Custom Deck to be a slider.
- You can now use BB Code in Notepad to enhance your text.
- Fixed enter key resubmitting last mouse actions.
- Fixed controller A button multi-select action bug.
- Fixed cards twitching in hand when gravity is higher than default.
- Fixed clients being able to stop search even if contextual menu was disabled.
- Fixed bug with selected object being stuck highlighted if you changed colors.
- Fixed crazy box selection shape when rotating the camera during selecting.
- Fixed the control scheme not opening up when using the Escape menu.
- Fixed server browser bug where lock on the server did not properly disappear when removed.
- Fixed issues when searching saves and workshop items with entries appearing offscreen.
- Fixed red spacer falling through table over and over again when rewinding a deck search.
- Fixed stopping a search on a deck with one card making the card disappear.
- Fixed bug not letting you modify custom dice with the contextual menu.
- Fixed color tint sync bug for late joining players and copy paste.
Update v2.9 (10/03)
- Right clicking on a deck then choosing search will create a wheel of cards in the order of the deck.
- Search can be used to find a card, rearrange, remove, or add to a deck easily.
- Moving your mouse to the left or right of the wheel will spin it, keeping 8 cards visible at a time.
- If you want to search the deck privately, bring the deck into your hand before you start the search.
- The red box shows the division between the top and bottom card.
- Host can now change the color of a player or move them to spectator.
- Host can now disable color selection for players and manually assign colors.
- Host can also disable players from editing the notepad.
- Cleaned up ‘Host Options’ menu to make each option more clear.
- Holding ‘ALT’ no longer swaps between camera modes (use ‘P’ to toggle between).
- Chat messages added when swapping between camera modes.
- ‘WASD’ now serves as the pan camera for both modes, instead of duplicating ‘Right mouse Button’.
- ‘Arrows keys’ now rotates the camera just like ‘Right mouse Button’.
3rd Person Camera (Default):
- Default camera now controls almost identically to a MMO camera.
- ‘WASD’ pans the focus point and ‘Right Mouse Button’ orbits the camera around that point.
1st Person Camera:
- Controls just like a spectator free cam in a FPS style game.
- ‘WASD’ moves your location and ‘Right Mouse Button’ rotates the view.
- ‘Space Bar’ makes the camera rise and ‘CTRL’ makes the camera lower (slowed down).
- Now using new UI with dynamic fonts with black outline.
- Hides properly when the UI is hidden with ‘f12′.
- Alt zoom now works when rotating the camera with ‘Right Mouse’.
- Object highlighting will be a lot less pixelated at higher video settings (MSAA now works on highlighting).
- Chat no longer blocks picking up objects through it.
- When dealing out the entire deck to multiple people, one card will no longer stay on the table.
- Keyboard menu layout revamped in new UI similar to the controller (text should be much more readable).
- Fixed issue causing server browser to break if you searched for friends.
- Fixed issue with reseting cards that are layered.
- Fixed cleaning up promoted players when they are disconnected.
- Fixed flipping wider cards by hovering over them made them hit the table.
Update v2.8 (09/26)
Custom Card Improvements:
- Unique card backs are now supported (each card in your deck can have a different back without merging).
- Select ‘Unique Backs’ in the importer, then place your back images onto the card template so they match their face image.
- Revamped card slicing to be more accurate, so that pieces of card don’t visually bleed into each other.
Alt Zoom Improvements:
- Alt zoomed objects will no longer be cut off on the side of the screen.
- Alt + scroll wheel is much improved and properly scales the zoom level.
- Alt + scroll wheel now zooms in the proper direction with up being zoom in.
- Fixed the flicker card bug for hosts (card would flicker when in a hand).
- Custom Model now supports normal maps (greatly enhances the bump and lighting on your models).
- Right Click/Contextual menu will no longer clip off the screen.
- Tutorial has been revamped with the new UI and updated to include the newer missing features.
- Improved smoothness of the controller’s pointer.
- Fixed issue with the contextual menu not working on Custom Dice.
- Fixed issue with white text/numbers on metal dice for clients.
- Fixed sideways settings for a single card not saving.
- Fixed issue with grid sync axis not saving properly by overriding to true.
- Fixed alt zoom messing up camera distance.
- Fixed rotation bug for held objects in green hands for certain tables.
Update v2.7 (09/19)
Memory Management Overhaul:
- All content is now dynamically loaded/unloaded on RAM when needed (only the contents on screen are on RAM).
- Initial load time is now almost instant.
- Starting size is 0.3 gigs of ram (previously 1.6 gigs).
- This will allow even larger Mods due to the improved RAM headroom.
- Trade off is spawned objects must be loaded from the disk which is slightly slower (minor stutter).
- Brand new jpg compression with much lower files sizes (60% smaller).
- Overall Mod stability improvements.
- Reduced memory footprint for mods due to better compression.
- Resolved many memory leak issues, especially when loading multiple Mods.
- Improved load times when loading from the cache/drive.
- Renamed ‘URL Images’ folder to ‘Images’ (cleanout old cache and improved the name).
- Added more chat messages to inform players the progress of Steam Workshop syncing.
- If special characters are in the file path, the mod save location will be changed to the Game’s Data folder.
- Custom Model has a new object type “Board” (alt zoom does not work on Boards).
- Added a checkbox to enable or disable controller input.
- Mods can be saved to the Game’s Data folder or Documents/My Games (Save in the game folder if your OS username has special characters).
- Voice chat volume sliders removed because new voice chat uses sound equalizing.
Layered Card Improvements:
- Highlight now works on card layers properly, highlighting all the cards that will be picked up.
- Multi-pickup and box selection will no longer mess up layered cards when grabbed.
- Shaking a stack of layered cards will break them apart.
- Held layered cards will no longer be ripped off into hands if dragged into one.
- Alt Zoom now works on locked objects, but ignores board objects.
- Object rotations are even more accurate when dragging a held object into a hand.
- Controller keybinds in the launcher are now labeled (Controller).
- Fixed disabling hands while cards are in them, so they no longer fall through the table.
- Fixed window mode being stuck on top of everything else even when alt+tabbing.
- Fixed game resetting settings on first load.
- Fixed expand arrow on Workshop and save files.
- Special characters in Usernames will no longer be an issue for Mods.
- Fixed camera zooming on table when changing color is in FPS camera mode.
- Fixed download completion percent disappearing when loading directly from one custom mod to another.
- Added a joystick recenter check to help fix the rotating camera bug (also can disable controller in setting)
Update v2.6 (09/12)
- Full support for trading cards, including emotes, badges, & backgrounds
- Just like you can control the box grid, you can now create a hex grid.
- Supports distorted hex shapes by scaling x and y axis separately.
- Object snapping support for hex.
- Rotational improvements allow proper hex control.
- Xbox 360 controller support has been added.
- The controller layout can be seen by hitting the ‘Back’ button on your controller.
New Voice Chat:
- Previous voice chat replaced with new system.
- This change was due to some players experiencing memory leaks from the previous implementation.
- Voice chat is now default enabled but can be disabled in the settings.
- Updated Unity to the latest version v4.5.3f in preparation for supporting the Oculus Rift.
- Engine update also fixes the issue with fullscreen hosts alt tabbing causing issues for clients.
- Greatly improved degree of control for rotating objects to 15 degrees, previously it was 45 degrees
- Holding down the rotate keys will continuously rotate now objects now smoothly
- Custom board added under the custom section in the Chest.
- Each object held now has its own rotation so they all flip to the same direction when picked up.
- Fixed issue with grid settings not syncing when loading a save/mod for clients.
- Fixed delay on copy -> paste grid snapping.
- Fixed issue with 2 max player games not showing up on the server browser.
- Fixed issue with resetting all cards and cards disappearing.
- Fixed floating card bug when mousing over and rotating cards layered cards like in solitaire.
- Fixed alt + reset camera bug causing the camera to bug out.
- Fixed promoted icon disappearing from players that have changed colors.
- Fixed possible chat now showing up bug.
- Fixed alt zoom not working properly on custom dice for everyone except the host.
- Fixed problem when failing to connect to passworded server then trying to join a server without a problem.
- Fixed bug that was deleting icons from open chest windows when trying to delete objects.
Update v2.5 (08/21)
- Cut, Copy, and Paste is now working for promoted players.
- Toggle zoom now works on locked objects just like a surface.
- Greatly optimized code calls between scripts.
- Optimized raycast checks for things like pointer position, grabbing objects, etc.
- All file saving actions notify in chat the save location on your computer.
- Added name protection when saving objects to the chest to avoid issues (alphanumeric and spaces only).
- Copy then pasting an object will now immediately snap to grid, greatly speeding up setup.
- Added a FPS cap of your monitors refresh rate to limit power consumption.
- Better download completion tracking if objects are deleted when they are loading.
- Decks now deal from whatever is on top even when flipped over, allowing you to deal from the bottom of the deck
- Rewrote the workshop downloading code to be faster and less prone to errors.
- The issues with downloading many mods at once is now resolved with a queueing system.
- Fixed issue with the material selection not working for custom models if a image was not supplied.
- Box selection will no longer have issues selecting when being used from certain camera angles.
- Color tint now properly saves for custom objects.
- Late joining players will properly see color tints for custom objects.
- Voice chat will no longer activate when typing.
- Fixed Load Game window using the Saved Objects window.
- Fixed issue with saved chest item button being cut off the top.
Update v2.4 (08/15)
- Chat has been overhauled with the new UI system
- Chat window can be resized to your liking
- Names are now only colored while the message is white
- Chat overhaul finally fixes the Linux type through bug in chat
- Mousing over chat and scroll wheeling will scroll the chat
- Overall the chat should be much more readable and controllable than previous
- Better memory cleanup for loading deleted decks from a save/mod
- Duplicate card images for faces or backs will no longer use up extra ram
- Overall memory usage should be lower and load speeds should be faster
Spawning Individual Objects:
- Objects can now be saved to your chest menu and loaded again at any time
- You can now spawn individual objects from a Workshop mod or save file without loading the entire save
- Pressing the downward arrow on the button that normally loads the save will expand a list of all the custom assets in that save
- Each custom object in the file will be listed with duplicates hidden
- The objects can be spawned by pressing the button or dragging the button into the game world to spawn at that position
- Color tinting now works properly for all non metal dice, the numbers/pips no longer color
- Dice normal map improvements, so reading dice is easier
- Grid menu no longer forgets its values when opening, closing, or loading a mod
- Fixed desync issues with values currently in effect and what is shown on the GUI (Host Options, Turns, Grid)
- Promoted player changes are now reflected properly on the Hosts GUI and no longer shows old values
- Host Options settings are now saved between games, helping to save time when setting up your games
- Added black outline around the white text on the main menu to help with readability
- Cut, Copy, and Paste now require CTRL + (X, C, V)
- Voice chat push-to-talk has been changed to ‘C’
- Fixed ‘Flip’ command to no longer toggle zoom
(As always you can change your hotkeys in the launcher)
- Improved accuracy of box selection, especially at steep angles
- CTRL + Box Selection does invert and adding selection
- CTRL + Left Mouse/Grab does selection toggle on a single object
- Overall selecting multiple objects should work just like your OS with file manipulation
- Joining a game through a Steam friend while the game is closed will launch the game and connect you to the server
- Loot bag now auto flips up when grabbed
- Toggle zoom now zooms a percent amount instead of a fixed amount, this will help when playing on larger tables
- Custom Models no longer require a picture/texture due to color tinting
- Lowered the tolerance for cards sticking together to reduce card clumps
- Host and promoted players can now flip table even if it’s disabled in host options
- Added a check for corrupted Workshop files, which will cause them to be re-downloaded
- Fixed offset movement not working with stack objects like poker chips and cards
- Fixed incorrect lock status for Custom Models on clients
- Game rules will now properly sync between host and client when loading for the first time
- Custom Table will now properly load custom images if its already in use
- Fixed issue with search not working properly if you had scrolled at all
- Round d6 dice will no longer have a metal and plastic toggle in the right click menu
- Fixed custom collider disappearing bug when deleting objects with the same collider
- Fixed bug with measure tool resetting if you left click during measuring
- Fixed hold voice toggle being unchecked incorrectly even if enabled
- Fixed desync for loading mods from the Workshop list
Update v2.3 (08/01)
- Contextual Menu Overhaul
- Object Color Tinting
- Material Swapping
- Multi Object Offset Movement
- Search Workshop Files
- Copy -> Pasting Multiple Objects
- FPS Camera Raise and Lower
- Workshop Tags Updated
- The right click/contextual menu has been revamped into the new UI system with added functionality
- You can now tint the color of all objects using a color wheel
- Grid will now be disabled on a per object basis, dice and quarter are disabled by default
- Reset All Cards has been added back, now in the right click menu
- You can now reset from each individual cards instead of only from decks
- Material swapping has been added for Dice, Chess, and Dominoes (Plastic, Wood, Metal)
- Picking up multiple objects now moves them with an offset just like how you picked them up
- Shaking will remove any offsets when moving and clump them together like before
- Copy and pasting more than one object at a time now works properly
- You no longer have to mouse over an object; pressing the button will perform the action on all highlighted objects
- Right clicking on an object can now be used to highlight objects one by one
- Highlighted objects can now all be modified by the right click menu at the same time
- Overall most actions should now be possible to be performed on multiple objects, either held or highlighted
- Tags updated, RPG games renamed to Role-playing Games and Number of players changed to 1,2,3,4,4+
- UI sounds now properly only play when you are interacting with a button or checkbox
- Search has been added for Workshop, Save, and Load windows for easier navigation
- Save new slot button is now colored grey for easier separation
- Client contextual editing can be disabled by unchecking allow contextual in host options
- Main game logo updated to fix aliasing around the cards
- Disabling mod caching in the settings for one load will most likely fix any texture glitches that occur for a mod
- Raise and lower has been added for the FPS camera (toggle cameras with the ‘P’ key)
- This lets you control the FPS camera just like a traditional spectator camera in a FPS
- Space now raises the camera up and CTRL lowers it in world space
- Toned down shininess on custom models, especially wood material
- Fixed custom table yellow texture bug (might need to clear cache to fix issue, or disable caching mod caching for one load of the mod)
- Locking object is working properly for held objects
- Fixed card dealing and resetting with multiple decks/objects
- Fixed table flicker when you select Tables in the Chest menu
- Fixed bug that caused the camera to jam into the table when using the FPS camera and ALT
- Fixed floating card bug when resetting a cut deck
- Promoted players can now properly scale, lock, and use the contextual menu even if disabled in host options
- Unlocked objects and custom objects will no longer float in the air until they are interacted with.
Update v2.2 – More Steam integration, Workshop Tags, UI Improvements (07/25)
- People can tell when you are in a multiplayer game from their Steam friend’s list
- You can now join people’s games from your friends list
- Inviting people to your game now works, a chat message will also be sent
- You can now filter on the server browser to only show your friend’s games
- Your pointer is now rotated so you see it from the top, makes it easier to use at angles
- Pointer now resizes to standard size when mousing over GUI elements
- Increased the speed cap by 30% when releasing a physics object, allowing you to throw things harder
- Grid size is now more accurate with two decimal places instead of one
- Rectangle grid is now possible by controlling both the X and Y axis separately
- Sync axis checkbox will keep the grid size slider acting just like it did before
- The grid snap speed is now just as fast as for the default games
- Object snapping and offset settings now working for promoted players
- You can no longer click through the dropdown list and not select any option
- Changed some of the images on the Games selection menu for quicker recognition
- You can now use tab to navigate multiple text input fields
- Drag spawning now only shows the object that you are about to spawn and no longer the UI box
- Promote Icon has been added to indicate promoted players
- Window overlapping and dragging window improvements, pretty much every window should be draggable now
- Fixed some of the remaining fonts that weren’t using Dynamic font
- You can now change the picture for custom boards in the contextual menu (right click)
- Fixed some issues where you couldn’t drag windows by their names
- Fixed issue when the save and load windows button where grayed out
- Added tags to the Workshop for easier sorting (tags are set when uploading or updating a mod in-game)
- You can now put a card on the bottom of a deck by lowering and sliding the card into the deck
- Everyone in the server can now deal, cut, and reset decks
- Custom D6 dice rotation with the number keys has been added
- Mod caching can now be disabled in the settings for players that are having issues
1 = (-90,0,0), 2 = (0,0,0), 3 = (0,0,-90), 4 = (0,0,90), 5 = (0,0,-180), 6 = (90,-90,0)
- Fixed the voice chat icons not showing up properly in multiplayer
- Fixed rock and tree displaying correctly in the Chest spawn
- Fixed issue with password field going away if entered wrong once
- Card shuffle animation now properly scales based on the size of the card
- Grid snapping now works on loaded saves that have the overlay lines hidden
- IRC enter key no longer brings up the in game chat
- Fixed bug where the character limit for transfer rules was 4,096 instead of 6,000
- (Linux) fixed the type through chat bug where keys would cause the game world to react
Update v2.1 – Custom grid & Player Promotions! (07/18)
Custom Grid Added:
- You can now enable visual grid lines. This is very useful for your RPGs.
- These grid lines can also be used to snap the location of objects for easier placement.
- The size of the grid can be adjusted to fit your games rules.
- Offset can be enabled so that the object snap location is in the middle of squares instead of the lines.
- As a host you can now promote a person so they have many admin powers like the host.
- Promoted player can change the game, spawn objects, and many other host abilities.
- Promoted player cannot save or load mods, may be possible in the future.
- Most of the built in games have an included rules for the game that can be read.
- You can also modify this for the rules of your modded game.
- Rules have a 6,000 character limit, so it is a great place to store information that can’t be on the notepad.
- Games selection menu has been redesigned into the current minimal UI.
- Tweaked positions and anchors on different elements for a more consistent spacing along of the edges of the screen.
- Top bar will draw on top of everything else keeping it from being covered up.
- Spawning is now working properly for Hosts that are in spectator.
- Drag spawning now uses the position of the UI element instead of the hand.
- Spectator/Grey color selection is disabled when in hotseat mode.
- Escape Menu for clients no longer has workshop upload, save, and load.
- You can now change your color from the escape menu.
- Server name can now be seen in the escape menu.
- All the chest windows can now be dragged around, and the chest no longer covers rewind buttons
- Close buttons have been added to all the windows that were missing them (Settings, Host Options, etc).
- Ping is now shown next to the players name, it’s color coded (Green <100, Orange <200, and red >200).
- Deck animation added for shuffling.
- Workshop now supports an infinite amount of subscribed mods, no longer capped at 50.
- IRC lobby now asks what you want to be named before you connect to the lobby
- Fixed issues with collision on certain custom objects not working properly on load.
- Direct connect is now working properly again, color selection issue and Improper info resolved.
- Custom Table texture will no longer mess up when rewinding.
- Fixed client custom textures and meshes accidentally being deleted, when a duplicate model is removed.
- Hidden custom cards in hand now properly load and are no longer white until removed.
- Fixed spectator/grey host end turn crash.
- UI code optimization for name plates.
- Name clipping on circular table reduced by shrinking names.
- Linux, opening Cards in Chest will no longer crash the game.
Update v2.0 – New UI, Hotseat, & more! (07/11)
v1.9 and 2.0 morphed into one!
New Minimal UI:
- Clean minimalistic theme with the use of images for easy visual navigation
- Reduced screen clutter to keep the interface out of the way of the player and focused on the game
- Much better resolution independence, supporting massive 4k resolution and all the way down to sub 720p
- Overhauled spawn system with drag & drop spawning, and 3d object preview
- Much better UI performance, even while using higher resolution assets
- New player color selection, that shows you where on the table you will be sitting
- Use of drop down menus to nest information until you need it
- Logical ‘X’ close button instead of the previous inconsistent close layout
Hotseat Mode Added:
- Hotseat mode will allow you to play a game with up to 7 other people on the same computer
- Information is hidden just like if you were playing on separate computers with an easy to use turn system
- Loading in custom content now has a progress indicator giving a percentage completed
- You can now specify the name of the game mode in Host Options
- Hosts can now change their color from white
- King crown icon next to the host’s name
- Harder to accidentally right click an object when trying to use the camera by adding delay check
- Scrolling the UI no longer zooms the game in and out
- Camera responsiveness has been improved
Mouse Over Actions:
We wanted to have a consistent control scheme to the game so that you can now interact with objects either by hold them or by mousing over them.
- Mouse over + ‘Flip’
- Mouse over + ‘Rotate’
- Mouse over + ‘Scale’
- Mouse over + ‘Cut’, ‘Copy’, ‘Paste’
- Mouse over actions works on multiple objects if you have them highlighted with the marquee
(Keyboard keys only to avoid accidental commands, due to mouse keys being duplicate)
- Fixed not being able to move objects if you join a server after the objects have been spawned
- Fixed poker chip highlighting bug where they turn white
- Custom models no longer fly all over the place when they are first loaded in
- Fixed camera distance on color selection for certain tables
- Backgammon board triangle order has been fixed
- Board optimization on physics calculations
- Card Hand holders code optimization
- Can now have more than one singleplayer running on the same computer
- Fixed toggle zoom issue on glass table
Update v1.8 – Movable boards, Custom Model improvements, & more! (06/20)
Contextual Menu Added:
- You can now right click on a object to bring up a menu to customize different options for that object
- Objects can now be renamed and when mousing over them you can easily read the name
- A description can also be added to an object, great for storing player stats or additional info
- Dealing cards and resetting decks are possible from menu
- Locking and unlocking an object can also be done from the menu
- ‘Cut deck’ is a brand new action that can be done in the menu
Custom Model Improvements:
- Meshes will now use the smoothing normals in your .obj data if supplied
- Separate collision mesh can be now supplied allowing many more collision possibilities
- Holes in collision are supported if you choose non-convex, but non-convex objects do not collide with each other (engine limitation)
- Non-convex is only used if a mesh collider is supplied, best used for something similar to the Chinese Checker board
Optimizations on Custom Assets:
- Objects that share custom assets are no longer using up memory like they are unique objects
- Rewinding will no longer require assets to be reloaded from disk
Boards Now Movable:
- You can now unlock boards and move them just like other objects
- They can also be spawned in the spawn menu making use of multiple boards
- Added a rock and tree model great for outdoor RPG scenes
- Highlighting and then locking multiple objects now works
- Server name can now be found in the menu
- Memory optimization on default assets
- Alt zoom on objects will no longer clip off the screen and will ignore scale
- Locked objects now display the number of objects it contains
- Frozen objects will unlock when the table is flipped
- Fixed texture syncing issue for custom models
- Copy pasting an object pulled from a stack will now work
- Voice chat is now disabled by default for new players due to memory leaks (can still be enabled in settings)
- Wood shader is now slightly less shiny/specular
- Custom Models held height has been lowered
- Unlocking a model you were holding will no longer get stuck to your hand
- Fixed host to client material sound sync
- Table no longer clips through objects on clients when flipped
- Reworded confusing section in tutorial
- Destroy bounds have been closed in so no objects can escape by flying upward
- Locked objects will no longer stop you box selecting
- Fixed bug with custom table loading its custom texture
Update v1.7 Custom Model Support is here!(06/06)
Custom Model Support:
- You can now import your own 3D models with textures.
- They must be in .obj format and notepad data of model must be saved on something like Pastebin. Then choose RAW and paste in that URL.
- The model can be 3 materials (Plastic, Wood, and Metal), this changes shaders and sounds
- Also it can be considered under 4 categories (Generic, Figurine, Dice, and Coin), which changes how you interact with them
- Avoid exporting your models in .obj with materials, your texture will be a separate image imported with another URL
- Currently collision is only working for box colliders (automatically calculated), better support will be coming.
- Locked objects will be treated like a surface (ex: 2 story buildings will now work properly)
- Added a Custom category so you can more easily find all the custom object types for your modding needs
- Improper URL texture loading issues for people with special characters in OS usernames is resolved (ex, áéőúűöüó)
- Frozen/Locked objects will no longer stack with each other
- After deleting objects, a random marquee box will no longer appear
- Marquee selection will no longer bug and push objects around
- Card hidden when teleported back onto table will be unhidden
- Highlighting bug was reverting material has been fixed
- Fixed some memory leaks with custom content, still working on squishing them all
- Cards reset properly now even when frozen
New table, locked objects & highlighting v1.6 (05/30)
Object Highlighting Added:
- Mousing over an object you are going to pick up now highlights to let you know which one you will pick up
- You can also now marquee select multiple objects and pick them up as a group by click dragging
- Object mouse over highlighting can be disabled in the settings menu
- Object can be locked in place by mousing over and hitting the ‘L’ key
- While locked, an object ignores all physics and is static in space (Great for board objects like player mats)
- This can be disabled for clients in the host options
- Round glass table added, great for when you are trying to forget there is a table at all
- Saves/Workshop game modes now save/load the background of the scene
- Autosave has been added and saves every 5 minutes in background
- Only Workshop mods that need to be updated on startup will update and it now tells you the mod’s name
- Clients will no longer see a flicker of white when a card is pulled from its deck
- Fixed the ability to load gold chess pieces through a bug, this is reserved for our Gold Member Kickstarter backers
- Reversi chip and poker chips will now properly flip and no longer get stuck
- Removed gap on custom table between wood and custom board
- When two sideways cards are combined into a deck they retain their orientation
- Custom Table will properly load images when changing game modes on the same table
- Added better garbage collection and asset unloading that should help with some memory leaks
- Weird physics when scaling and shrinking objects should be resolved
Massive Custom Table Added v1.5 (05/23)
Custom Extra Large Table:
- Our largest table yet with the ability to import any image onto it for your massive games!
- The table can be used like one massive custom board, and you can even use it in combination with the custom board
- Recommended resolution for the table picture is 4400×2600
Custom Cards Aspect Ratios:
- Custom decks now scale to the aspect ratio of the face image (Square cards are now possible)
- New square face template has been added to the root folder of the game
- It still uses the same 10×7 template, it’s just widened to make the cards square (each image is 490×490)
- Shrinked objects can be done one more step smaller (Should help with using custom decks as counters)
- Camera mode toggle has been added. You can swap between table rotation and FPS camera style with the ‘P’ key
- ‘Disable voice chat’ option added to options menu. This might fix memory leak issue (temporary solution, we are still working on this)
- Workshop Support is now working for Mac and Linux users
- Card sticky and stacking now scales with the size of the card (easier on large cards, and harder on smaller)
- Saves files is no longer skipping #1 slot for new saves
- Saving and loading will work if you save files that don’t match the normal naming format
- Increased raised height on Custom Figurines
- Objects will no longer collide through the rectangle table’s side walls
- Tall poker chip stacks will no longer drag on the ground if flipped a certain way
- Fixed Custom Figurine memory leak
- Fixed the aspect ratio on dominoes
- New collision sphere for mouse bounds
Steam Early Access v1.4 (05/16)
- You can now upload your mods directly to Steam Workshop from within the game
- Updating them is just as easy with the mods Workshop ID
- Subscribing to a mod will add it ‘Workshop Game Modes’ found in the ‘Game Modes’ menu
- You can upload your games to Workshop by clicking ‘Menu’ on the top left and then choosing ‘Workshop Upload’
- Overall this is a very simple system to share and use other players mods
(Make sure to restart the game if you subscribe to mods while it is still running)
- Save and loading now support infinite saves instead of just 20 slots
- Scaling up an object also increases it’s lift height to avoid it dragging on the ground
- Quarter flick up is more randomized now and should lead to a true 50/50 probability
- New save name system for URL images to avoid possible name conflicts
- Quarter sounds have been revamped with unique sounds
- Glass surface sounds have been added for all objects
- Marbles’ sounds have been given new sounds to separate them from plastic objects
- Piecepack and wood block have been given new sounds
- Zoom out graphical issues on custom cards has been resolved
- Custom figurine pictures will now load for late joining players
- Mahjong tiles will no longer get picked up sideways
- Automatic table swap when choosing Mahjong when on hexagon table
- Bag will now properly show number of objects for clients
- Card actions are now disabled in solitaire
Steam Early Access v1.3 (05/09)
- Custom decks can now be spawned as a sideways deck this will make the ‘Alt’ zoom the correctly orientation
- You can now notify everyone to a location by tapping the ‘Tab’ key and a bouncing arrow will appear with sound
- 2 New host options: Allow client scaling and enable hands (hands are how you hold multiple cards)
- Added rules for Mahjong, Reversi and Solitaire.
Custom Paper figurines Added:
- Let’s you import a picture onto a paper figurine
- ‘ALT’ zoom looks at them from the front instead of top for easier viewing
- 1×2 aspect ratio on the custom card image
- You can now reverse the order of the turns by choosing counterclockwise
- People that have empty hands can also be automatically skipped, great for poker style games
- Africa (AF) has been added to the location selector when hosting
- Search in Server Browser now also works on location
- Objects held will no longer be placed in the Loot Bag
- You can scale objects even larger now (Up to 3 times the normal size, previously 2 times)
- Fixed custom content save files storing your local directory instead of the URL
- Multi object pickup will no longer mess up the scale of your objects each one will be independly scaled
- Saving and loading now works with the Loot Bag for remembering what was inside
- Cards will now properly hide and reveal when changing what color you are playing as
- PNG color bug should no longer be occuring (maybe)
- Loot bags can no longer be stored inside each other, Bagception was too OP
- Solitaire chosen on glass table will swap to octagon to avoid issues with glass collision
- Resetting cards in card actions menu will not reset their scale
- Sir Loin and Mara are no longer duplicated on the spawn menu
Steam Early Access v1.2 (05/02)
- Mods are now cached on the user’s machine, so you no longer have to download the same image twice (automatically converted to jpg). This will greatly improve load times when starting up an already played mod.
- You can find these downloaded images inside your ‘Documents/My Games/Tabletop Simulator/Mods/URL Images’ folder.
- These changes are in preparation for Workshop integration and local file support.
Loot bag Added:
- Functions as a bottomless bag that you can use to store unlimited objects inside.
- Uses a last-in first-out system (LIFO) for retrieving items; most recent items are retrieved first.
- Mix up the contents of the bag by shaking it. This randomizes the order that the items are retrieved.
- Saving and loading does not currently work with the bag, working on this so save compatibility isn’t ruined.
- Loot bag can be found in the spawn menu -> miscellaneous
- Betting sticks have been added.
- Default layout is now the popular garden wall.
- Location of the tiles are also randomized.
- Sound has been added for Table Flip and Teleport/Re-spawn Object
- New sound have been added for GO bowl (shake & impacts)
- New cardboard surface sounds have been added for all objects (Checkers Board and Custom Board use this sound)
- 4 new figurines have been added: Knight of Knil, Mara, Zomblor, & Zeke Kodoku.
- The line tool now displays 1 decimal point to add more precision for measuring
- Custom cards are no longer automatically shuffled.
- Basic rules have been added for Backgammon, Checkers, Chess, Chinese Checkers, Dominoes, Go, and Pachisi – more coming.
- Location host selection is now radio buttons instead of typing.
- Custom board now stretches for non-square images.
IRC Lobby Improvements:
- Chat dialog will no longer be deselected when you are typing when someone leaves or joins.
- Your own messages will now scroll chat to the bottom like other messages.
- Cards are now hidden when being dealt to stop being able to sneak glances at them mid flight.
- Cards no longer reveal themselves to clients when loading/rewinding.
- Cards should no longer be duplicated if they are grabbed in mid flight when being reset.
- Window GUI elements will recenter properly if you resize the game while it is running.
- Players are now properly added to your recently played with on your Steam overlay.
- Player name text will not be floating so much away from the octagon table anymore.
- Fixed some possible custom deck issues with one of the URLs failing.
- Help menu has been updated with the new keybinds.
- Server browser display issues have been resolved for some of the categories.
- D4 dice collision collider is now working properly.
- Shrunk player pawns no longer topple over when dropped.
- Objects will no longer teleport when raised high up on the mouse colliding box.
- Host menu should no longer cut off on lower resolution displays.
- Hide UI also now works properly on the IRC lobby.
- Poker Table FPS camera is now working properly.
Steam Early Access v1.1 (04/25)
- Line Tool has been added for measure distances, hold ‘Tab’ to start measuring; synced with all clients
- You can now scale objects up and down in size (Up to twice as big and half as small) Use either ‘+/-‘ or shift + alt + scroll
- IRC Lobby has been integrated in the game (Very WIP), the chat bubble on the bottom right will bring it up. This is a great way to find people to play with.
- RPG Props have been added: Chest, Barrel, Table, and Chair. This should help add some flair to your dungeons
- (Table flipception, you can flip a prop table on a table, that you use to play tabletop games…sorry)
User Account Changes:
- You no longer have to login into our account system to play
- Your in-game name is your current Steam name
- Banning saves the user’s Steam ID
- In the future we will be integrating more and more with Steam
Server Browser Enhancements:
- Server browser is now sorted by newest to oldest
- You can now hide locked & full servers
- Search can be used to find a specific game name, user name, or game mode
- Camera now collides with the table, this should stop you from clipping into the table
- End turn button has been merged with the “Your turn” message on the top of the screen
- Added some randomness to the Table flipping to make each flip unique
- In spawn menu, Chinese Checkers pieces have been renamed to marbles and the metal ball has been added to it
- “Alt” zoom is now disabled while holding down right mouse button
- Dungeon grid and tilesets were slightly increased in size slightly (2%) to square out the grid at an equal 2
- Notepad typing sound removed, it’s easy enough to tell when someone is adding to it
- Random mahjong spawn has been added to spawn menu
- Resolved Steam integration issue asking for DRM-Free key (2010 C++ Redist)
- Piecepack object can now be properly picked up by clients
- Flipping tall objects no longer will take a long time
- Fixed Square Table flip freezing mid air
- Custom Board will not scale gradually when loading saves, no longer knocking over objects
- Enter is now properly working in the private notepad
- Mouse is now hidden when alt hovering over an object
- Piecepack spawn menu now has the dice
- Dice rotation now works on Piecepack dice and D4
- If you choose Backgammon when on Glass table it swaps to the Octagon table
- It should no longer be possible for two people to choose the same color
- Fixed CardBots mat collision when lowering a card
- Blocking people on server browser should be working properly again
- Cards should no longer deal to the same person multiple times
- Hand will no longer open up like you can pick up a board
- Objects on custom board should no longer slide randomly when on the surface
- Rewinding with objects on cards should no longer swap places
- Resolved some crash Linux issues (Experimental)
- Resolved crash issue on exit game
Early Access v1.0 (04/17)
- Added 5 more RPG Figurines: Wyvern, Cyclops, Kobold, Skeleton Knight, Manticora
- CardBots: Build and Destroy game mode has been added for our highest Kickstarter backer, Geremy George
- You can now mouse over a dice and type a number to have to rotate to that number (great for keeping track of number or a count down)
- Optimized the amount of bandwidth to sync physics objects with clients
- Hover over an object and pressing ‘ALT’ will enlarged that object (great for checking dice rolls or reading cards)
- You can now name your saves so you can more easily keep track of your custom games
- FPS spectator camera style has been added with ALT + WASD in combination with RMB, if you want old pan you can ALT + LOWER/TAP or the arrow keys
Bugs, Fixes, and Minor Changes
- The desync floating object bug when you first connect to a server should be resolved
- Fixed some prediction bugs at high ping – objects should no longer seem to clip through the ground
- Added links to the website, facebook, and twitter on the main menu of the game
- New chat sound has been added
- Grid system can now be be disabled in the Host Options menu
- Tileset Frozen state now saves and loads properly
- It is now much easier to pick up multiple dice
- Objects will no longer float if you drop more than one on the same grid coordinate
- Custom cards should no longer be redownloaded when rewinding if the custom decks are the same
- Alt + tabbing no longer will zoom you out
- Custom board now gradually scales, this should stop objects from getting stuck inside
- Spawn menu for the RPG Kit has been improved by moving the creatures into categories
- Windows will now automatically recenter even if you resize the game at any time
- Selecting RPG will now change the table to the large felt table so nothing falls off
- Splash screen no longer overlaps on lower resolution
- Slightly shrunk RPG figurines and fixed some of the colliders
- Piecepack has been fixed up with the proper pieces
- Goblin second mode is now a slingshot to add some range options
- Fixed typo on “too weak to flip the table”
Beta v0.10 (04/11)
- 5 more RPG Figurines have been added Ogre, Chimera, Dragonide, Ghoul, Lizard Warrior
- Dungeon tileset has been added, you can now build your ultimate RPG dungeon for your campaign
- Dungeon tileset uses a grid system for placement to make it easy for you to create your dungeon, then you can lock it in place
- Grid system has been added for Chess, Checkers, Reversi, and GO
- Kimi Kat figurine has been been added
- Server Browser now shows the current game mode and name of the player hosting, you can also block this player and they won’t show up
- You can now deal and reset each deck individually
- People played with on steam show up under the recently played section within the steam overlay
- Wood, Felt, and Glass surfaces now have different physics properties
- There is now a private notepad if you need to keep track of something personal
Host options have been added:
- Host can disable table flipping
- Add or remove a password while the server is running
- Gravity Slider has been moved into the host options menu
ALT has been redesigned as a modifier on an existing action:
- Alt + RMB drops everything except the first object you picked (great for capturing a piece)
- Alt + Q/E or Alt + Mouse Wheel rotates the object in the other axis (creating toppling dominoes or card towers)
- Alt + Flip does an alternative axis flip
- Alt + WASD Pans the camera instead of rotating it
- Alt is no longer raises a piece that is now bound to ‘R’ – Raise object
- Help menu has been update to reflect these changes
Bugs & Fixes:
- Fixed colors getting stuck and not letting you choose it even though the slot was open
- The table is now saved when saving and loading
- UI Sounds are no longer 3D sounds
- Chat message sound has been removed, connect and disconnect still has the sound
- GUI window position should no longer get offset if you start a different resolution then fullscreen
- Blocking/Banning a player stops them from being able to join your game and from showing up on the server browser
- Spawn Menu back button takes you back one place instead going all the way back
- Color Round Dice have been added to the spawn menu
- Fixed Custom Board size
- RPG figurine hit reactions are working again
- Rat is now spawning correctly from menu
Beta v0.9 (04/04)
- Steam integration, you can log in without a password – just need to choose a username. You can merge your current account to the steam version, so they can have the same name
- Saving, Loading, and rewinding now works with custom content (you can share your entire mod and layout by distributing your save).
- Due to save system updates, old saves are no longer compatible and saves are now in a “Saves” folder inside “Tabletop Simulator”.
- 4 more RPG figurines have been added (Werewolf, Giant Rat, Tree Ent, and Wolf)
- 2 of our custom Kickstarter figurines have been added (CardBot and Sir Loin)
- Ram usage reduced by about ~50%, also greatly reduced ram usage on custom content
- Login security has been improved with session ids
- You can now pan the camera with Alt+WASD or the Arrow Keys (you might need to unbind arrow keys under horizontal & vertical)
- New loading screen pictures
- 4 Deck ram limitation on custom decks no longer exists
- Syncing custom content for late joining players is now working
- Table Flip now flips from the location of the player’s hand
- RPG Figurines are better synced across the network
- Game Logo has been updated
- Fixed hand rotation bug for certain tables and hand colors
- Loading stability has been improved and should be less prone to crashes
- Added short splash screen on startup
- Decks now have a max height and weight to help with very large decks
- Mac – black screen on startup is fixed and now shows the load screens
- Lowering figurines hovers them right at ground level instead of jamming them into the table
- Custom card back pictures are no longer mirrored
- Slightly improved card layer stacking, saving, and loading
- Added a question mark when a card is hidden; you can customize this for your custom deck with slot 70 on the template
- Solitaire is working again
- Cards are spawning properly again when rewinding
- Host and game server migrated over to its own SSD.
Beta v0.8 (03/28)
Note: Ram usage is extremely high this patch, but optimization will be coming in a future patch.
- Upgraded the engine to Unity Pro – Unity Logo removed & soft shadows added (Higher settings might cost more performance).
- 8 new RPG figurines (Evil Watcher, Giant Viper, Goblin, Golem, Griffon, Hydra, Mummy, Vampire)
- RPG Figurines now have 2 modes calm and alert, animations are updated to match these modes
- When mousing over you can press ‘1’ to change state, ‘2’ to attack, and ‘3’ for death.
- Mahjong, the second new game mode, has been added. (Right now it’s just scattered, we’ll come up with one spawn positioning next patch).
- Custom decks has been added so you can import your own decks
- Regal circle table with class center has been added
- Boards have physics now instead of being stuck to table
- Blue 10 value poker chip has been added
- Save folder location is fixed for Mac & Linux. All versions of the game will find it under Documents/My Games/Tabletop Simulator.
- Cards that are hidden are now just white instead of a joker.
- Slightly changed felt for octagon and hexagon table.
- Fixed Memory leak with custom board.
- Chat log scroll no longer jumps to the wrong location with lots of chat messages.
- Chat log has been limited to 100 messages to make scrolling more manageable.
- Right clicking to pick up chips from tall stack should now work.
- Player’s turns are now working and how they are displayed is slightly changed.
- Fixed objects not spawning; backing into the play area if you change the table after flip.
- Added some more debugging information for when connections fail.
- RPG figurine run is now working for clients.
- Multiple custom decks might not sync well with late joining players.
- Solitaire is currently not working.
- Card rewinding is not working.
- Backgammon not sitting right on round table
Beta v0.7 (03/20)
- Piecepack has been added in as the first new game mode
- Added an animated Orc, Bear, and Troll figurines, the first for the upcoming RPG kit
- Chat has been greatly improved with a transparent background and scroll bar
- Table Spawn Menu has been updated with pictures
- Tweaked player colors to be less neon
- Quarter physics has been completely revamped and now flips up
- Dice physics now has more randomness, added random rotation on release
- Custom Board is now bigger on the big rectangle table
- Optimized ram usage down by about ~30%
- Added slight cooldown on Table Flip
- Fixed Sound distortion and pitch variation for GUI sounds
- Poker Card Hand now floats at the proper height
- Fixed spawning chess pieces on lower resolution monitors
- Tutorial text can no longer be selected
- Custom Board texture should update for non hosts faster
- Fixed freeze when many cards are colliding
- Objects should wobble less when stacking multiple object ontop of each other
- Minor Camera Improvements
- Cards will no longer get stuck in the air then lose collision when you change tables
- When you change tables the cards will be redealt to the same color hand
- Improved collision detection on poker table, objects should fall through table less often
- Fixed issue with copy paste object
- Fixed Black Screen when perfectly centered on poker table
Beta v0.6 (03/14)
- 3 New Tables Added: Poker, large rectangle table, and hexagon
- Camera Caps on movement to stop you from clipping through the table with pan
- You have to be in a server for 2 minutes before you can flip the table.
- Other fixes that weren’t written down (Blame that guy in the video…)
- Sometimes things clip through the poker table
- Being able to customize spawn points based on table
- Poker Table with many cards start to clip through table
- Cards being shown on table flip
- Colors being messed up with multiple people
Beta v0.5 (03/04)
- Easier to pickup objects
- Metal dice are slightly heavier
- New rounded colored dice are added
- Some chat fixes
- Disabled some F keys debugging network code
- Table Flipping bugs and board desync issues should be resolved
Beta v0.4 (2/22)
- Table Flip has been added!
- Moving objects around should feel more responsive.
- Object that fall off the table now reappear on the same side they fell off.
- Names cutting off on the octagon table has been fixed.
- Fixed some card stacking issues where they would clip into each other.
(Mac version 10.6+ and up only will be supported, that is an engine limitation)
- For the people having issues getting the game to launch on mac that should be resolved.
- If it is still not launching. Then search for console. app or find it in
/Applications/Utilities/. Click on File at the top and click “save copy as”. Copy the error
messages and email it to BerserkGames@gmail.com
Beta v0.3 (2/17)
Optimizations: (still more work to do on this, especially cpu usage)
- Reduced size of game by 35%
- Ram Usage reduced by 35%
- Fixed some bugs that occur with ‘Reset Cards’ action
- Fixed custom board texture errors
Thanks to feedback from mac users:
- The help menu is now brought up with the ‘?’ instead of ‘F1′
- Multi object pickup can now be done with ‘T’ as well as ‘Right Click’
(We also know some of you have had problems launching, we are still working on the Mac build)