PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Players - Pathfinder Rise of the Runelords

Direshadow
08-20-2015, 08:51 PM
- Note -

I have been a Game Master for a few years now, and a player for much longer. Now I live my own adult life, and doing good old fashioned dungeons and dragons is hard for me to schedule or even find players. Until now.

- Looking for Players -

I am looking for people who would be interested in dedicating a few hours to run a single Adventure from the Rise of the Runelords campaign. If you have played pathfinder, are wanting to learn, please let me know in the post below. I am deliberately not scheduling anything at the moment, and I am just seeing who would be interested.

At the moment I have most of the adventure complete and ready to go, I literally have only a few hours work left before it's ready to run.

My idea is that if things go well, and the players are still interested, then I would run the entire Rise of the Rune Lords campaign, which is a long spanning story line that takes characters past level 10.

- What I am looking for -

- I am looking for players to play the four archatypes of RPGs, namely a hearler, a warrior, a caster and a support-ish kind of class. I am also looking potentially for one or two people who don't have much experience with playing any sort of tabletop rpg. I feel the game runs at it's best when there are those present who are able to appreciate the "wonder" of the game.

- I am also looking for people who are not afraid to use their voice. All communication will be done though voice chat, so please, if you don't have a mic or are not willing to speak, i'm sorry.

- Players must be 18 or older.

- What to expect -

Obviously the game will be done in tabletop simulator, but please don't expect anything much in the way of custom models or elaborately crafted dungeons. Battlemaps will be present and will play a significant role in the game, but it will mostly be limited to the Rise of the Runelords art, and flat maps. Think of the flashy 3d stuff as props for stages of the larger, more exciting battles.

Your characters will be kept track of using this handy dandy webpage http://charactersheet.co.uk/pathfinder/#/login - Using this website allows you to create, save and edit a Pathfinder character from the Core Rulebook. Most of the math is done for you in terms of ability scores and bonuses so it is very user friendly, especially towards those who have never played.

The combat encounters will be run on my end using the software Combat Manager http://combatmanager.com/ - All of the party member's stats will be sync'd up with Combat Manager as well as all of my monsters npcs, etc. Along with this, all of my rolls will be made in Combat Manager as well since all of the monster's rolls' math has been automated.

Using the above tools, expect combat to move along quicker, and an emphasis to be on role playing and exploring the story.

phoenixoleary
08-22-2015, 08:53 AM
Hi there, I wish to join! I'm fairly new to DnD but I do know the basics. I like to play it as I have done a few sessions. I will know how to play but I may need a bit of help setting up a character. Is that all ok?

Direshadow
08-22-2015, 09:45 AM
Hi there, I wish to join! I'm fairly new to DnD but I do know the basics. I like to play it as I have done a few sessions. I will know how to play but I may need a bit of help setting up a character. Is that all ok?

That's cool. Don't worry too much about having characters or making them. Just still gathering interest right now but i'm glad to see a response.

Most likely i'll have some pre-gen'd characters ready for those who are new or just don't want to do the math. I want the game to focus on... THE GAME, rather then trivial things like looking up complex rules etc.

phoenixoleary
08-22-2015, 10:04 AM
That's cool. Don't worry too much about having characters or making them. Just still gathering interest right now but i'm glad to see a response.

Most likely i'll have some pre-gen'd characters ready for those who are new or just don't want to do the math. I want the game to focus on... THE GAME, rather then trivial things like looking up complex rules etc.

That's cool. I'd prefer to create my own character with his own story. I like stories. That's why I'm interested in DnD. What's your Steam name?

TedUecker
09-13-2015, 05:03 AM
I would be more than happy to join you in this game. My experience with Pathfinder/3.5 is kind of limited. Although I have played a good deal of other games including different iterations of D&D.

rototh
10-05-2015, 01:52 PM
are you still looking for more players to join?

KasperMC
10-11-2015, 10:06 AM
I'll echo rototh, is the "table" closed? I'd love a chance to play that 'path.

While on questions, I'm curious about some other things relating to the game:
1. Time zone? I'm at GMT +1, if you're sitting halfway around the world that could mean you're playing at what is for me 3AM. At that time, I'm not going to be worth much, and other members of the household might object to my chatter.
2. Materials? Are you using Core Pathfinder plus nothing, or can we dig up every obscure 3rd party alchemy we care to? Or somewhere in between? I'm glad you intend to focus on the game, but if I can buy an antitoxin, there's no reason why a sane character wouldn't bring one for a dungeon crawl.
3. Limitations? Is there anything in the materials you allow that you do not allow? Are summoners too unbalanced (they sure mess with action economy)? Can you buy a guard dog that is not an animal companion? At 25gp and having +8 on perception they can sabotage the GM's lovely crafted ambushes from level 1 onward. I'm fine with limitations, if every player gets to bring their favorite trick many encounters might be easily walked over, but it's relevant to know up front.

LilithAkemi
11-22-2015, 10:27 PM
I personally would love to play if slots are open
My Steam acount is fireteamspartan1 (old and cheesy I know) but my username is LilithAkemi

Raven
02-09-2016, 04:45 PM
I'm willing to play, but I tend to be more focused on combat and dice-rolling, and less so on roleplay. I would be willing to not be the face, it's probably better to let new players take that role anyway.

ToBe
03-23-2016, 10:58 AM
Hello. If it`s still viable and there are available slots I`d like to join your group. Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198078835019/