PDA

View Full Version : Scene System - coming soon - preview video

dig65
09-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Here's a video of this mod in action: https://youtu.be/siNtxKIm_RA

I've been working on this periodically for a while now, and it seems like it might be ready to release as a public mod soon. If what's going on in the video interests you and you want to beta test, please friend me on Steam (dig65) and you'll find the latest prototype in my workshop. Please message me or comment on the mod page with feedback, problems, ideas, etc. I expect to have a public mod ready for first release in a couple of weeks.

This system does some fancy tricks to try to recreate maps without blow ups (building from low to high, other things), and to deduce and remember the locked/unlocked status of things in the map - along with the other cool features (card-driven random objects on the map, fog-of-war system using "visibility spheres" to reveal the map, etc)

This is a bit of a cross-post of the same post I made in Scripting, because I thought some of the mod scripters might want to see it. This code won't win any awards, but it works around a lot of TTS weirdness, and you might get some benefit from some sections.

I'm hoping to have a public mod ready for release very soon. I'll reply in this thread when it's ready.

Sancho
09-07-2016, 06:15 AM
I could see this being really useful for an Xcom-esque mod