PDA

View Full Version : Quickdraw! (Original card game)

Geork
12-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Hello everyone!

I've got a game which myself and my publisher have cobbled together in a kickstarter campaign, which I have decided to make fully available on Tabletop Simulator! Although admittedly there's some part of this thread that is posted to encourage support for the game, it's mostly because as a designer, I'm really really REALLY excited to share my games with more people, and since this one has had some proper illustration done to it, it looks much nicer than the makeshift cards I create for my game group!

It's a modular microgame where you take on the role of a gunslinger in the final 'showdown' scene of a spaghetti western. Think of two cowboys staring each other down, as the tension and music builds, before both suddenly go for their guns. There are no hitpoints in this game; if you get shot, you're dead!

A brief mechanical summary:
All players (2-10) play their cards simultaneously. You have the option of playing 'Ready' cards to get ready to shoot, 'Stare' cards to protect yourself or 'Flashback' cards to flash back to earlier events in the film, which will give you some advantage. Each character also comes with their own unique cards. When you feel ready, you can play your "Bang!" card to shoot your opponent; beware however, because no matter how many 'Ready' cards you have, if your opponent plays a 'Stare' on the exact same turn you played your 'Bang!', then they stare you down, and your hand moves away from your holster. It's all about trying to predict what your opponent is going to play!

Here's a link to the mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=810301867

Thanks!

George