Thread: Disable voice rendering and keyboard shortcuts while loading mod/images/models

Disable voice rendering and keyboard shortcuts while loading mod/images/models

Not really sure if it would help decrease load times, but it's kind of annoying when you join a server that has a lot of models, cards or things to load in general to hear the voice chat repeat over and over (and over and over).

In addition, while loading a mod, often times your screen is stuck for a while. If you push hotkeys that are also used in Tabletop Simulator, it will still affect the game... even though your screen is stuck.

For example, if I'm joining a server and am loading a mod, my client is frozen for a bit. If I push shift+tab for the Steam overlay (shift is also the push hotkey in TTS), I may unintentionally push objects without even knowing it because my screen is stuck, leading to a kick or ban because the host thinks you've joined to grief their server.

In v6.1-6.3, we added multi-threaded mod loading, which makes loading mods much faster and doesn't hard lock your game. If you aren't sure if it's on for you, you can go to your Configuration menu in game and in the bottom of the Game tab, make sure the Threading box is checked.