Thread: A new user invaded your forums!

A new user invaded your forums!

Name: DrZombro
    Level: 20
    Class: Tank/Heal
    Profession: Average Nerd
    Origin: Berlin, Germany
    Bio: DrZombro was born in Berlin (Germany) 20 cycles ago. His hobby are gaming and finding different interests. The latter with no real results. He is pretty much average in everything he does. A little above average in racing games and shooter but bad at RTS. His full capabilities unfold while getting hints and instructions from somone better and using his fast adaptation ability. He likes to play support roles, even though he doesn't get many points with that in most games.

I never played much board or card games before, because of a lack of friends (with interest in such things). Also as stated I'm allways trying to find new hobbies. I tried skating (skateboard and inliner). Model building too, but I had to stop with that because I had no money back then and somehow everything got destroyed. Then I started my apprenticeship three years ago and I didn't wanted to do anything after work (I had to commute across the whole city in public transits. But hey, I got massive amounts of money.) With that money I bought some airsoft gear but till I got everything my friends didn't wanted to play anymore. Sad me. Now I'm interested in cosplay or modelling replicas, but don't know how to start with that.

Also when I can run TTS longer than 20 minutes without crashing I would like to play some pen and paper rpgs. I think my English skills could be a hurdle but the bigger problem is:
    I don't know how to play them.

Name: JeffDeaf
    Level: 4000 (+235 from Natural Munchkin Power)
    Class: Illusionist/Trapper/Complete Bastard Multiclass
    Profession: Dungeon Master
    Origin: Scandinavian
    Bio: Born in one of the mysterious northern lands, JeffDeaf is known to cause mayhem and tableflips wherever he goes. Known to be a fair DM who lets the dice do the work, he is still capable of inducing rage and paranoia in his players, causing them to leave and/or shout profanities. Be advised, as he is quite fond of dropping devious traps in the way of players - rumors concerning a player being splattered onto the ceiling of a dungeon by a reverse-gravity trap, while on fire and dripping with acid remain unsubstantiated. He has been known to accept players from all walks of life, including rookies, veterans and players returning from hiatus. Authorities encourage civilians to avoid him at all costs.

In short, if you ever wanna play, drop me a message on steam.

A tank AND a heal? Wow, you're unstoppable!

I'm sorry you're having crashing issues. What platform are you running and any messages that pop up?

Hey DrZombro and welcome to the forums!

I love your custom intro as it looks like you have had some fun with it, as it looks to me you are in need of some buddies to play some pen and paper, send me off a pm with your steam handle and would love to chat about putting something together or having you join in on some of the stuff I am already doing, any ruleset that you are use to playing with?

Look forward to seeing you in game!
    Jay

Well tank OR heal and both together is more stoppable than you might think in most rpgs. The lack of damage is frustrating when doing everything alone :

I use Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit and the game just vanishes. The pop ups just say it stopped working and most of the time since I got it on steam it doesn't even create crashlogs. I got the problem since I bought the game with v0.7. I still have the crashlogs from that version.

I wrote a pretty firm email yesterday with my latest crashlog attached and allmost no additional info.
    So here is a .zip file with every crashlog created through this problem since I got the game. Most are from v0.7. I tried to get more from the latest version but as I said I just got 1 file out of 4 crashes.

Edith: @jay_rab: I never played any pen and papers. I just got interested a while back. Even though I have some interested friends I don't think all of them can handle those rp parts in these g's, if you know what I mean.

DrZombro said
    Edith: @jay_rab: I never played any pen and papers. I just got interested a while back. Even though I have some interested friends I don't think all of them can handle those rp parts in these g's, if you know what I mean.

Hey thats even better, just means you have been set into stone on any given rule set, here is a link to the system we have been using lately for characters: http://files.meetup.com/47162/GURPS_Lite_Fourth_Edition.pdf might be worth a read if your serious about trying out some pen and paper games.

As far as your friends goes I am not sure we can help in that area, role playing is about creativity and if they been sitting at a screen just seeing a bunch of flashes and just reacting to things that pop up it may be hard to get them thinking, I suggest some simple popup books and work from there