Thread: Windows 10 & Razer Kraken 7.1 USB headset / USB headsets

Windows 10 & Razer Kraken 7.1 USB headset / USB headsets

Bugfix:
    Let's be super clear here. My Razer Kraken 7.1 USB headset has no audio enhancement tab, for audio enhancements to be disabled, within it's hardware properties.

So if like me, you don't see these options below for your Razer Kraken, or other USB headset, and are on Windows 10:
    DisableEnhancements2.jpg

These are the steps I did to get my USB headset working:

1• Set TTS to compatibility for Windows 7
    -----◘@ C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tabletop Simulator\Tabletop Simulator.exe
    ----------○contact me, look or ask if you need help with this

2• Run TTS and try to use your microphone in game

3• Close TTS and hopefully you will be prompted to turn off Audio Enhancements
    -----◘ It was only after I exited Tabletop Simulator, with it set to compatability for Windows 7, did Windows 10 prompt me that audio enhancements were causing issues with Razer Kraken 7.1 and asked me yes/no would I like to turn them off. I did so and guess what. It's working now.

4• Turn off the compatibility you set for TTS and rerun TTS ( if you do not turn off compatability TSS will be fairly slow)

5• Victory!

Basically I was able to unlock an option to turn off audio enhancements in Windows 10 for my Razer Kraken 7.1, an option not available to me and many others in the audio property controls for the device. Which was preventing me from using my microphone in TTS.

Hopefully this solved your issue with your Razer Kraken, or other USB headset.
    Last edited by 00face; 01-17-2016 at 02:30 PM. Reason: readability

Thanks a lot ! It works perfectly now.

i tried all you wrote up there but i still dont get the "talking" symbol in game and nobody can hear my you got anything else i can try or did i do sth wrong?

Did everything exactly as described but the Windows 10 window to turn off audio enhancements isnt showing up.

I'm guessing this method doesn't work either?

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disabl...nts-windows-10

Dont get the advanced tab here either....

[solved] After deactivating every other playback device it finally works!
    Last edited by hermium; 08-10-2016 at 09:31 AM.

with the newest update to windows 10 my usb mic stopped working and i cant get it working again. Already tired this fix 20 times and the disable enhancements doesnt pop up.

I've done every single thing on these forums and my mic still wont work...this is beyond annoying and I can't play this game this way..

This didn't work for me, what do I do.

Did everything it told me to do, still doesn't work. and there isn't even a button that says disable all sound effects.