Thread: Addition of a Room Rotation Function

Addition of a Room Rotation Function

This has been mentioned a couple of times that I can see in these early reports but I think deserves it own thread so it doesn't get to buried

I'd like to see a room rotation function added to the existing Room scale and Floor Height adjustments we currently have.

At the moment to move to a player slot on the other side of the table you need to teleport past it then physically turn around to re-orient your position.. which lets face it works but its not ideal especially if you intend to play sitting down at the table.

At its most basic a set of increment buttons like the other two adjustment options would do as a get you by with the pivot point set to the table origin point. But in the longer run some neat options could make it feel more elegant.

For instance replacing the suggested increment buttons with a wheel you could grab and rotate to set this rotation angle would be interesting to try out and to carry it even further adding the colour dots around this wheel that correspond to the player hands that are currently present on that particular table you could fast rotate to that spot with a single click. Though Obviously not to quick as having players physically lurch in response to too quick a radial motion probably isn't the greatest idea

Does anyone else have any other possible methods that a room rotation could be implemented ?
    Last edited by Lucky seven; 06-17-2016 at 06:01 PM.

It might be worth taking a look at how Pool Nation VR does fine adjustments. If you hold both grip buttons, it shows a grid of dots along the floor - I believe as an attempt to keep users from getting sick - and then moving the controllers feels like moving the entire world around the player. You can adjust position and rotation depending on how you move the controllers, and it feels quite natural. They don't allow vertical adjustment, but for TTS that could also potentially replace the Floor Height adjustment.

I whole heartedly agree. When playing as a seated experience you need the ability to adjust your position - e.g. orientation, height, etc. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I whole heartedly agree. When playing as a seated experience you need the ability to adjust your position - e.g. orientation, height, etc. ...
    Hold down both grip buttons to perform these actions

Quote Originally Posted by Knil View Post
    Hold down both grip buttons to perform these actions
    Ah, That's quite helpful! My only concern is that the directions are inverse to what I'd expect. Touch devices have made us accustomed to manipulating the content being displayed (when scaling, particularly), while TTS currently has players manipulating the "screen size," so to speak. I expect pulling my hands apart to make my table bigger, but instead it makes the boundary box bigger, which in turn shrinks the table to fit in the new area.

As it stands the manipulations are all of the user rather than the environment. which also caught me out a little as well.

so when you use the scale function for example your getting bigger rather than the room which can be a bit confusing