Thread: Good image uploading website

Good image uploading website

Does anybody know of a good image uploading site? I tried photobucket and imgur, but the cards always came out overcompressed and unreadable.

You can change your upload settings on Photobucket so it won't resize images.

Some people use cubeupload.

Some people use Dropbox.

Dropbox and Google Drive are pretty reliable if you're using these for just you. (Make sure to set up your Drive permissions to allow anyone with a link, like TTS, to access)

Hi! I don't understand how to use Google Drive.

I mean, the normal sharing url doesn't work, and even the "direct url" using sites as https://sites.google.com/site/gdocs2direct/ doesn't..

How can i do?

Thanks!

I found that Imgur reduces the quality of the image. Is there any site/service that won't reduce an image's quality? is GDrive the best option? Also how do find the link to the .jpg in Drive?

Also, if I place a file in GDrive, link to it in TTS, then move the file to another folder in GDrive, will it change the url for it, thus ruining the deck/board in TTS? (I'm assuming it wouldn't)

Cubeupload is the one I use. Does not compress the images and seems to work solid in TTS. Also has a super simple interface so uploading is really easy. (Kinda like imgur, drag and drop works.)

Mark said
    Cubeupload is the one I use. Does not compress the images and seems to work solid in TTS. Also has a super simple interface so uploading is really easy. (Kinda like imgur, drag and drop works.)

I tried and really like Cubeupload, but I wish you could save stuff in albums. if I'm gonna keep using them I'm afraid things are gonna start becoming a mess. Also, I wish everyone had url as short as imgur. That said, I really like how it can keep your file's name

I recently built a Tabletop Simulator module for a game called Barbarian Prince (currently awaiting permission from the copyright holder to publish to Steam Workshop. Edit 28May14: Permission Denied, because Reaper state that they have decided to develop this title internally) which is based on the new *Extra Large* table... the playfield image itself weighs in at 26mb, and includes a lot of high-detail text tables which needs to be legible, so compression is out of the question. Also, there are 3 card decks with sizable images weighing in at around 5mb each. This eliminated most of the image host websites I've seen recommended on these forums - I haven't found a single one that has direct linking which supports images above 15mb. After hours of searching, I happened upon a new host I've never heard of before that seems to tick all the right boxes: it's free, has no file size limit, supports direct linking, and does not compress the original image when accessed through the direct links. It's called Mejuba. I've already tested it several times today and so far so good.

Just thought I'd throw that out there for the rest of you to consider.

Cheers ~ jTenebrous

Try cubeupload, it's actually alot more user friendly than Mejuba is. It does not compress images, is completely free, and is very simple to use. Mejuba looks like it was thrown together very unprofessionally and looks like it could easily shut down one day out of the blue.

EDIT: Just realised Mejuba can support much higher image sizes. It still looks dodgy to me though. Cubeupload can support up to 5MB which is enough for me but not for you unfortunately.

EDIT2: How are your image sizes so big though? Everything I've used to make my games so far hasn't gone over 657.7KB.

Mark said

Mejuba looks like it was thrown together very unprofessionally and looks like it could easily shut down one day out of the blue.
    To be honest, I got a similar impression, but time will tell. I'm not touting this as the definitive answer... just a good option to explore for the time being.

EDIT: Just realised Mejuba can support much higher image sizes. It still looks dodgy to me though. Cubeupload can support up to 5MB which is enough for me but not for you unfortunately.
    Exactly. I tried Cubeupload but a 5 mb cap wasn't cutting it for me on this particular project.

EDIT2: How are your image sizes so big though? Everything I've used to make my games so far hasn't gone over 657.7KB.
    Not all of them are - the card back images are only 500k .jpgs, for example. But the main playfield is a 4k resolution (more-or-less) 24bit .png exported from photoshop in all its glorious detail. I tried some other options, but they weren't making the grade... it has many reference tables full of text that needed to be free of compression artifacts.