Thread: Razer Kraken 7.1 mic not working

Angry Razer Kraken 7.1 mic not working

Hello, somewhere last week (after the windows 10 anniversary update, but not sure if it has anything to do with it) my mic stopped working in tabletop sim. The speaker icon no longer appears next to my name when I press C or V. My mic however does still work in Skype, Discord and CS:GO.

What I did to try and fix it already:
    -Replug the headset
    -Reinstall Razer Synapse
    -Verify integrity of game cache for tabletop sim
    -Checked if my headset was set to default communication device (it was)
    -Checked if my binds were set correctly in-game (they were)
    -Asked for help on reddit
    -Asked for help on discord
    -Checked if my mic was turned on and receiving my voice in Windows and Steam

And none if this worked, so unless the game is incompatible with my headset I'd like to get some help fixing this.

Greetings, Ghorich

Hey Ghorich Welcome to the community

Make sure you've tried all the things detailed in these threads here.

http://www.berserk-games.com/forums/...t-USB-headsets

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/disabl...nts-windows-10

Including disabling all other playback devices and ensuring your headset is plugged in when you attempt the fixes described.

I keep getting redirected to that thread whenever I ask someone how to fix it and it just simply doesn't work for me. I've been running it in windows 7 compatibility mode for over a week now and I still haven't gotten a pop-up asking to disable audio enhancements. And yes, all other devices are disabled and there's no 'disable enhancements' option in the sound thingy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghorich View Post
    I keep getting redirected to that thread whenever I ask someone how to fix it and it just simply doesn't work for me. I've been running it in windows 7 compatibility mode for over a week now and I still haven't gotten a pop-up asking to disable audio enhancements. And yes, all other devices are disabled and there's no 'disable enhancements' option in the sound thingy.

Same I need a fix. Never did this with my other Krakens.

im having the same issue was working fine till the latest windows update now the mic doesnt work anymore

Have you tried rolling back that Windows Update ?

Once you've got it working again you can work through the files in the Update to find out which ones the culprit...and omit it.

You can't roll back the anniversary update AFAIK.. And if you can it's probably waaay too late by now.

I *think* the only way to roll the update back is with a restore point.