Thread: BUG with WEBSITE FORUM SOFTWARE - No "Prefex" options when editing your OP

BUG with WEBSITE FORUM SOFTWARE - No "Prefex" options when editing your OP

There is an annoying problem that if fixed would go a long way to help forum searches for modders looking for information... basically when you make a post you have the PREFIX options... At the moment you can set it to nothing or SOLVED.

Having a SOLVED prefix is really great for forums (especially organised ones like this one) as you can add "solved" to your search to only get solutions.

The problem is that when you edit your Original Post (OP) there is no way to set the Prefix to solved... so the entire prefix thing is useless. I think this feel through the cracks as if no one has replied you CAN change the prefix but after a few replies or maybe a time period editing the prefix is no longer possible.. this is with "Quick Edit" AND clicking "Advanced Edit". I am not sure there is any other ways to edit.

I have some experience with SMF, PHPbb and IPB and a simple fix you could try for vBulletin is set more Prefix categories. Maybe if you had 2 options, instead of "blank" and "solved" have "Mod Question and Solved" or something like that. What I mean is that if there is a value IN the prefix instead of blank, then the edit function may always be able to edit the prefix. I can not remember what board it was but this was a fix on one of the ones I was an admin on.

Either way, this is a minor but good lifestyle fix for the website.
    My Boardgame uTube chan - Tragic's Table Top
    BGG Guild of BoardGame uTubers - Tube Tables

prefixes such as that are already possible, just not by normal people - the moderators and devs have access to them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRaven81 View Post
    prefixes such as that are already possible, just not by normal people - the moderators and devs have access to them.
    yeah... but it should be editable by the poster. For example I have a heap of questions in the forum and only a fraction of them are marked. So either you need to have more active mods or make the posters themselves be able to do it. I mean not everyone will, but it would reduce the workload for the mod.. which is why most forums have it so you can manually edit it. I just assumed it was a error in the settings on the board, but if it is a choice by the webadmin then imo it is the wrong way to go.
    My Boardgame uTube chan - Tragic's Table Top
    BGG Guild of BoardGame uTubers - Tube Tables

For example I have a heap of questions in the forum and only a fraction of them are marked.
    If you need a thread marked as Solved. just request it in a post in that thread (as you have been doing) and It will be done.

Just make sure its a fresh post rather than an edit of an existing one, that way it will definitely get noticed.

Nothing more annoying for other users than finding a thread has been marked as solved with no actual solution in it
    doing it this way helps act as a bit of a buffer in these situations.