Thread: Turn control

Turn control

The current turn system in TTS does not work very well with scripts for a number of reasons. There is no way to change the player order based on what has happened in the game. Also, users need to manually press a button when the script should already know when their turn has ended. I think that having an icon next to the current player, as well as the chirp that is played when the next player is up (yeah I could do it with assetbundles, but it's too much work), are really nice features that I wish I could have in my mods. I propose the following:

• Option to disable the big "End Turn" button, since it would no longer be needed and takes up screen real estate.
    • turnSetCurrentPlayer(player) (triggers onPlayerTurnEnd)
    • turnSetPlayerOrder(table of players, in order)
    • turnEnd() (triggers onPlayerTurnEnd)

Hey there. Are there any updates to Pass Turn???

I've been searching and searching and it puzzles me why this is not available to Modders. I don't understand why the developer would choose to not make turn passing available via LUA scripts. Was this done intentionally or just overlooked?

I find that interaction with the turns feature critical for a successfully game setup--the work arounds are bandaids. I mean you have Workshop mods that completely bypass the turn system with their own custom code, because it's the only way anyone has figured out how to make any turn based script interaction work correctly in LUA.

The turn system should be LUA interactive, not require custom LUA scripts and content to bypass a built in game feature.

Could a developer inform the community how this can be achieved?

Could anyone explain how to pass current turn with in a script.

I've been scouring the API and talking to fellow scripters on Discord and nobody seems to know how to pass a turn in a script.

I imagine it should be a global function you call that passes the current turn to the next player in turn order. However, I cannot find any reference to it. It's obviously in the game with the Pass Turn button in the UI (top center screen). I cannot think why the developers would not give Modders access to this function.

Also, setting:
    Turns.turn_color = "Green"
    does not set turn to Green

Thanks!
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/28616...2523069503679/
    http://www.berserk-games.com/forums/...ight=pass+turn