Thread: Very (very) buggy Voice Chat

Very (very) buggy Voice Chat

Sooooo. voice chat. literally the most annoying thing in the game since...hold on let me check
    8/27/2017

Yea. So. Not only have there been a multitude of bugs ever since the new 3rd party voice system was implemented, most of the time(yes, MOST) it doesn't even work properly. P2P errors still pop up fairly regularly, along with other random errors that tell you nothing. In addition to this, (VERY) often people are not able to hear existing players in a game when they join in. Why? This happens literally every game. Every single one. Eventually someone joins and they aren't able to hear people. Sometimes it's a specific person, host, or everyone. Sometimes vice versa. Host can't hear other people but they can hear him, players randomly being able to hear people they weren't able to hear before, or people not being able to hear them even though they could before. It's ridiculous. Voice chat for a game like this is a big thing if you're playing in public servers. Sure, people can make discord servers or whatever to use voice, but it's ridicuolus that people would have to do that in the first place. Voice chat, a large part in a lot of public games is not working properly.

In a whole month, it almost seems like these issues have barely been touched on. Errors were fixed. Maybe some other stuff. In the end, it's still dysfunctional. It is very irritating to have such a big thing for the game broken for such a long period of time.
    Last edited by Zekiar; 10-04-2017 at 07:28 PM.

I see people with issues but it seems to be a challenging issue to solve. For me, it has worked 100% of the time. I don't say that to downplay the issue, but to point out this isn't an error that I've seen people reporting a common cause for. Nor is it something I see the majority of players experiencing.

Fixing a bug is generally going to need people to try to narrow down the cause of the bug. Be it host bandwidth or user bandwidth or steam going down during play, firewalls, in-game conditions, whatever. If a cause can be repeated by the devs it will make it that much easier to track down the cause. And that has been going on in other bug report threads, like this one: http://www.berserk-games.com/forums/...P-Errors/page2 where users have (for the time being) stopped reporting issues. So if you are still having issues, work your way through those types of threads here and try what has been recommended. If it isn't working, detail your process, explain your issue. If you are able to figure out a way to reproduce the error reliably, share it. But a general "This thing doesn't work" post or claims of "these issues have barely been touched on" is not helping solve the problem you are experiencing. Help yourself by being cooperative and constructive. This approach isn't going to solve anything for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MrStump View Post
    I see people with issues but it seems to be a challenging issue to solve. For me, it has worked 100% of the time. I don't say that to downplay the issue, but to point out this isn't an error that I've seen people reporting a common cause for. Nor is it something I see the majority of players experiencing.

Fixing a bug is generally going to need people to try to narrow down the cause of the bug. Be it host bandwidth or user bandwidth or steam going down during play, firewalls, in-game conditions, whatever. If a cause can be repeated by the devs it will make it that much easier to track down the cause. And that has been going on in other bug report threads, like this one: http://www.berserk-games.com/forums/...P-Errors/page2 where users have (for the time being) stopped reporting issues. So if you are still having issues, work your way through those types of threads here and try what has been recommended. If it isn't working, detail your process, explain your issue. If you are able to figure out a way to reproduce the error reliably, share it. But a general "This thing doesn't work" post or claims of "these issues have barely been touched on" is not helping solve the problem you are experiencing. Help yourself by being cooperative and constructive. This approach isn't going to solve anything for anyone.
    Unfortunately, i thought about that when i posted this and gave pretty much as much information as i had collected. Over hours. Which isn't a whole lot. Just the issues and when they occur, if they persist or go away, etc.

Honestly, after voice chat update I've been 100% unable to host games. I can join them, but usually we will be using Discord for voice chat anyway.

My only question is: Why didn't they create a beta branch for people who wanted to try the new voice chat? Right now I'm unable to host my RPG tables because of this, and wanted to pick some DLC but I don't know if I'll ever be able to host again.