Thread: Custom Tokens with transparency in the center?

Question Custom Tokens with transparency in the center?

I am trying to create a custom token that is hollow in the center. The physics part works -- I can drop objects through my custom token -- but visually the hollow section is black instead of transparent if using PNG-8 and the transparency is visually ignored for PNG-24 (can see what is supposed to be transparent). Is this just not possible or do I need to do something special to get it to work?

In case it matters, I am using the latest Photoshop CC (2017.1.1 aka 20170425.r.252 x64). In PS's save for web dialog I am using transparenct but no dither, no matte, and not interlaced (and no color profile stuff).
    Last edited by argel1200; 10-14-2017 at 08:35 PM.

The script that converts images into tokens doesn't like transparency in the interior. I don't have any tricks to make it work. If you can connect the center transparency to the outer edge then it may work

you will need to make a physical mesh for this...
    My Boardgame uTube chan - Tragic's Table Top
    BGG Guild of BoardGame uTubers - Tube Tables

Quote Originally Posted by MrStump View Post
    The script that converts images into tokens doesn't like transparency in the interior. I don't have any tricks to make it work. If you can connect the center transparency to the outer edge then it may work
    Yep, that works. In fact, two gaps even worked (literally like "[]"). Thanks for the suggestion!! That's twice I owe you now!!

@Tragic Champion: I am just trying to make some placeholders for cards, tiles, etc. so do not need anything too fancy.

Oh this has been driving me nuts. I couldn't figure out why the transparency was showing as white on the tokens. Once I connected it to the outer edge it works fine. As a side note the interior transparency works on a custom figurine.