Thread: No binding for Windows Mixed Reality

No binding for Windows Mixed Reality

Hello! When I opened for the first time Tabletop Simulator in VR the controller did absolutly nothing. I tried every possible solution, but nothing worked until I saw the settings inside steamvr. Clicking controller configuration and then Tabletop Simulator I saw that there was no binding at all for my controller. I tried many combinations and I managed to click something, to grab some stuff, but nothing more. I tried to uninstall the game and reinstall it, but nothing worked. Can you help me, please?
    Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorjollo View Post
    Hello! When I opened for the first time Tabletop Simulator in VR the controller did absolutly nothing. I tried every possible solution, but nothing worked until I saw the settings inside steamvr. Clicking controller configuration and then Tabletop Simulator I saw that there was no binding at all for my controller. I tried many combinations and I managed to click something, to grab some stuff, but nothing more. I tried to uninstall the game and reinstall it, but nothing worked. Can you help me, please?
    Thanks in advance.
    Update: So if someone need it, I've found a workaround. Long story short: I used the binding of the Vive controllers and now everything works flawlessy.
    First go to your steam directory and then navigate to the tabletop simulator directory. It should be something similar to this (\Steam\steamapps\common\Tabletop Simulator). Then you will find 4 files called "binding_blablabla". The holographic's one (WMR controllers) it's almost empty and it's the root of all the problems. Open binding_vive_controller with notepad and copy everything from the start until the row before "controller_type" : "vive_controller".
    Open "bindings_holographic_controller" and replace everything from the start to the row before "controller_type": "holographic_controller". Save it, restart the game and now everything will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Giorjollo View Post
    Update: So if someone need it, I've found a workaround. Long story short: I used the binding of the Vive controllers and now everything works flawlessy.
    First go to your steam directory and then navigate to the tabletop simulator directory. It should be something similar to this (\Steam\steamapps\common\Tabletop Simulator). Then you will find 4 files called "binding_blablabla". The holographic's one (WMR controllers) it's almost empty and it's the root of all the problems. Open binding_vive_controller with notepad and copy everything from the start until the row before "controller_type" : "vive_controller".
    Open "bindings_holographic_controller" and replace everything from the start to the row before "controller_type": "holographic_controller". Save it, restart the game and now everything will work.
    Does not work