Thread: TTS doesn't seem to like shadows from custom assetbundles

Unhappy TTS doesn't seem to like shadows from custom assetbundles

If there is a fix, I want to know about it, and if not, I'll cut my losses and move on, but I'd like to know if this is something the community has noticed.

In Unity, my model looks how I want it to. Lights interact with the mesh and draw appropriate shadows, as illustrated here:
    lightworks.jpg

It's beautiful! the light shines from inside the forge and casts shadows. However, upon packing up that assetbundle and sending it over to TTS, it treats the light as if I selected "No Shadows" for the shadow type.

lightdoesntwork.jpg
    examplke.jpg

Anyone run into this issue?

I do not use Unity much for TTS... but isn't there a "receive shadows" option you can turn on in the properties in TTS itself?

Also, I think you have the critical eye of the creator going on.. the TTS version looks fine. I doubt anyone but you would have a problem with it.
    My Boardgame uTube chan - Tragic's Table Top
    BGG Guild of BoardGame uTubers - Tube Tables

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic View Post
    I do not use Unity much for TTS... but isn't there a "receive shadows" option you can turn on in the properties in TTS itself?

Also, I think you have the critical eye of the creator going on.. the TTS version looks fine. I doubt anyone but you would have a problem with it.
    yeah, that's probably true that I'm more critical. If there's a receive shadows option, I'm not aware of it. Peaked through the settings to find something like this but no luck. I have my shadow quality on ultra, and that doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

But in any case, I've noticed that no figures (not even the default-included ones) can actually cast shadows when a light is shined on them. Also can't seem to predict a pattern of behavior with the shadows when i take a candle piece with a small light and move it around the forge... like it gets shadows on the mesh itself, which produces some nice effects, but the light still continues to shine through the object like the mesh isn't there, which creates the issue that I posted about.

my thoughts are that the rendering on the shadows just hasn't been more developed yet, and a smarter light/shadow relationship in the game's engine could fix the issues I'm having. even though assetbundles lets you put in light, not all aspects of assetbundles seem to be supported.

Attachment 968

Just to show what I'm talking about, a separate candle object inside the forge. like the light catches edges that don't seem to be there but you can still see the entire area the candle shines on

Quote Originally Posted by freshpepperino View Post
    links doesn't work : (
    My Boardgame uTube chan - Tragic's Table Top
    BGG Guild of BoardGame uTubers - Tube Tables