Thread: Alternative to Pastebin?

Alternative to Pastebin?

I'm a 3D modeller and I'd like to upload some custom models for this game. TTS requires pastebin to upload an exported OBJ file in order to import the base model. A free account on pastebin gives you 500 kb of space for this. Smaller less detailed models aren't a problem, but if I want to get into more detail or complex models then I won't be able to as easily without purchasing a pro account which would give me 10 mb of space.

Is there an alternative to Pastebin that allows me to upload my OBJ files without having to dish out 50 dollars?

I'm assuming this is your thread on the Steam discussions, so I'll just link to that here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/286160...58030664408082

You can also check out a list of other alternatives here.

Hello,
    Dropbox works fine for me, 3D models or images...
    you register a free account, install the synchronization software, and you just put everything in the public folder. A right click on file gives you the URL.
    Hope this helps
    Fred

Or get a web-site. I'm paying like 15 bucks a year. Totally worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by PsiComa View Post
    Or get a web-site. I'm paying like 15 bucks a year. Totally worth it!
    Seems a bit excessive just to host some images/models especially when there are so many free alternatives.

You may find that you get other uses for it as well, like hosting a web-site. And you have full control of all your links. For example, if you want to update the model of the infantry units in your mod, you can just swap that very file, so it will be sourced out to all instances of your mod. Otherwise you'll have to make a new link, and everyone using your mod must bind model reference to your new link. The sentralization part is really important to me as a modder.
    I don't know if you can replace links on free sites, but I'm absolutely sure that having an FTP folder on your windows is much easier than anything else. I don't understand why people are allergic to spending a few cash.

Quote Originally Posted by PsiComa View Post
    And you have full control of all your links. For example, if you want to update the model of the infantry units in your mod, you can just swap that very file, so it will be sourced out to all instances of your mod. Otherwise you'll have to make a new link, and everyone using your mod must bind model reference to your new link.
    Except it will only go out to newly downloaded ones, unless the users have mod caching turned off. Otherwise, it will just use the image already saved on their hard drive.

Quote Originally Posted by em View Post
    Except it will only go out to newly downloaded ones, unless the users have mod caching turned off. Otherwise, it will just use the image already saved on their hard drive.
    Delete the model from your table and replace it with a new one using the new link, then update your workshop mod. That way, anyone with an active subscription will get the new model as an update, whether or not they have the cache turned on.
    De Chelonian Mobile