Thread: Cat Test

Cat Test

test

Attachments are back. Oops!

Cat Test

welcome back attachments!!!! *AttachmentHype*

Cat Test

What will be the allowed types of attachment/attachment size limit?

Cat Test

When you post and click attachments, it will show what you can upload and what your limitations are

Cat Test

Oh! There the button is! Thanks!
    I'll test it out by uploading a file from Skirmish Tactics, a free print and play game in my collection of games. The main rulebook was a bit too big, but this character profile fits nicely.

Nope, still can't get it to work. The attachment window says it allows up to 50kb, but I can't get it to accept any of my ~30 kb files.

Cat Test

could it be that group settings are overriding general attachment settings?

Cat Test

QQuixotic said

Nope, still can't get it to work. The attachment window says it allows up to 50kb, but I can't get it to accept any of my ~30 kb files.

Alright, let me check. This is good testing for it

[edit] Try now, I forgot to check one box.

Cat Test

Nope still getting the error, "Upload file size exceeds maximum allowed size" the issue being we are dealing in bytes 51200 is only around 50kb lol could you please raise that limit

this is what it is showing me for the limits:

Image upload constraints: Size (bytes): 51200 Width (pixels): unlimited Height (pixels): unlimited
    Image allowed types: jpg, jpeg, gif, png
    Media upload constraints: Size (bytes): 100000 Width (pixels): 320 Height (pixels): 240
    Media allowed types: swf, dcr, mov, qt, mpg, mp3, mp4, mpeg, avi, wmv, wm, asf, asx, wmx, wvx, rm, ra, ram
    File upload constraints: Size (bytes): 51200
    File allowed types: txt, rtf, doc, pdf

and here is the image I was trying to upload: http://jasonlefkowitz.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Cute-Cats-cats-33440930-1280-800.jpg (also tried an edited one of 320x240)

Cat Test

tada, with the new size limit we have an success!

Cat Test

*jumps for joy*

Cat Test

Testing a small PDF. We won't be posting rulesets in these, but they'll be useful for things like attachment related. Thanks!

Cat Test

Awesome, looks good! Glad it will come in handy.

Cat Test

Unfortunately, can't add attachments anymore, as it's the cause of the forum issues and slowing it down tremendously.

Cat Test

Kimi said

Unfortunately, can't add attachments anymore, as it's the cause of the forum issues and slowing it down tremendously.

Well the good news is that we found out the issues early on, and hey there is plenty of file host out there now and days so I dont think we will have an issue uploading our files. personally i use google drive: https://www.google.com/drive/ and it has been fairly reliable about sharing files and even having others do edits to those files if you want people too, on top of this it only requires you having an account so you dont have to worry about others needing to sign up to use it.

Cat Test

Kimi said

Eh, not too bad. Between Imgur, 4share, and Google Drive there's no real need to use attachments.

Cat Test

Kimi said

No big deal. I've always hated forums that allowed you to attach pictures, because some of them forced you to sign up just to look at it. Not sure if this one did it though.

And as already mentioned, there are plenty of other places to upload pictures.