Thread: [Suggestion] Steam Workshop decks

[Suggestion] Steam Workshop decks

Greetings Berserk Games, I am currently working on a Talisman 4th Edition, and this game has so many cards, that it makes some of my friends game(when loading) crash(reporting it using more then 4GB ram). I am glad you started integrating Steam Workshop, will it also be used for the deck images unlike image hosting links?

Image of RAM usage and Talisman 4th Edition

I have also tested it and I have to confirm that it is really eating a ton of memory It would be great if someone could take a look into that

I'd go even as far to say multiple decks being uploaded as one Workshop Item. Maybe being able to group things together. Or a box which you put stuff in and then upload the box.

Is this the right thread? You are suggesting uploadable decks to Workshop right?

I mentioned in the thread on Steam that I'd love a box that I could put multiple decks of cards in, for expansions, and then the subscriber unpacks the box. The base game would still be set up on the table, and they'd just put the cards from the expansions on top of the ones for the base game, creating dozens of new decks. I am going to try it with loot bags, and making markers saying which expansion they are. I got one and a half done, in a 4 set, before the game crashed on me. Maybe I'm using too many decks.

em said

I mentioned in the thread on Steam that I'd love a box that I could put multiple decks of cards in, for expansions, and then the subscriber unpacks the box. The base game would still be set up on the table, and they'd just put the cards from the expansions on top of the ones for the base game, creating dozens of new decks. I am going to try it with loot bags, and making markers saying which expansion they are. I got one and a half done, in a 4 set, before the game crashed on me. Maybe I'm using too many decks.

Loading 'Game Boxes' from the workshop (instead of just game scenes set up, which is also useful) will help greatly, I believe. Hopefully the loading system will eventually become closer to GMod where workshop mods can either add spawnable objects or scenes and gamemodes.